Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fattie dome temp

61chev
61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what dome temp should i shoot for doing fatties?

Comments

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    61 CHEV,
    Try 205-215 and cook 'till 170 internal. I use a grate temp of 220. Then wrap in foil and let sit for an hour. enjoy!

• hayhonker,
    Now u guys got me interested to try. I'm thinking about using "Bob Evans" breakfast sausage using the rub on it. You said warp it in foil for an hour... did you mean when we take it off the egg then warp and let it sit on the countertop? Again what is the reason for that?

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Bluegillman,
    You got it. Wrap and let sit just to allow the juices to even out through the log. If you prewarm an oven to as low as possible, and then turn it off, that will create a nice little warm place to rest it so it doesn't get too cold sitting out.
    I used a store bought brand (not BE but another 'big' name) and it turned out great. Sliced and on a muffin with egg, pepper, and tabasco/bbq sauce mix. It was even good warmed two days later.