Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

fattie dome temp

61chev61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what dome temp should i shoot for doing fatties?

Comments

• hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    61 CHEV,
    Try 205-215 and cook 'till 170 internal. I use a grate temp of 220. Then wrap in foil and let sit for an hour. enjoy!

• hayhonker,
    Now u guys got me interested to try. I'm thinking about using "Bob Evans" breakfast sausage using the rub on it. You said warp it in foil for an hour... did you mean when we take it off the egg then warp and let it sit on the countertop? Again what is the reason for that?

• hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    Bluegillman,
    You got it. Wrap and let sit just to allow the juices to even out through the log. If you prewarm an oven to as low as possible, and then turn it off, that will create a nice little warm place to rest it so it doesn't get too cold sitting out.
    I used a store bought brand (not BE but another 'big' name) and it turned out great. Sliced and on a muffin with egg, pepper, and tabasco/bbq sauce mix. It was even good warmed two days later.