Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

In case anyone is looking - BB&Beyond just notified me that they are back in stock.  Time to break out the 20% off coupons.

Phoenix 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    blasting said:

In case anyone is looking - BB&Beyond just notified me that they are back in stock.  Time to break out the 20% off coupons.

They have an awesome return policy too!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Cut up a whole loin tonight and wife asked for some thin ones for some steak sandwiches tonight. She is taking away from my egging. But u can't complain. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Home made bread as well 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I've eaten more grilled cheeses in the last month than I have the collective rest of my life. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I hate you all-

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

But the grill is on the list

Greensboro, NC
  • blasting
    Wolfpack said:
    I hate you all-

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

best movie ever
    Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wolfpack said:
    I hate you all-

FRANK THE TANK!  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYsoEwWNK0

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    man, @SmokeyPitt You're on the ball!

I make fresh butter with my kitchenaid from heavy whipping cream.

For cheese I sandwich 1 slice of american between 2 thin cut provolone slices.

And make it on regular sliced honey wheat bread. This combination has me in a trance. I have eaten 2 grilled cheeses a day for a week. This was breakfast.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • blasting

I have eaten 2 grilled cheeses a day for a week. This was breakfast.
    Well thanks for being honest.  No doubt I would do the same.  I'm concerned this griddle could very likely kill me if I get one.
    Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I just made burgers for the first time.  They were really good, but my bun was a little soggy.  I used 80/20 and transferred them right from the griddle to the bun.  I shook them off a bit with a slotted spatula.  

Just curious how you guys handle this?  @Cazzy- do you rest the burger before putting it on the bun?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cazzy
    I just made burgers for the first time.  They were really good, but my bun was a little soggy.  I used 80/20 and transferred them right from the griddle to the bun.  I shook them off a bit with a slotted spatula.  

Just curious how you guys handle this?  @Cazzy- do you rest the burger before putting it on the bun?  
    Make your griddle toast or buns first and set aside.  Then, do your burgers.  It honestly goes superfast so I find I get a better toast this way. Also, clarified butter is your friend.  When you construct your burger, make sure your lettuce is touching one of the buns.  I normally like lettuce on the top, but it is more useful on the bottom as that is the bun that will sog.  Ultimately, try not to build your burgers too soon and that will keep the integrity a lil better.  You can put the buns in a warmer after you toast them. 
  • cazzy
    edited July 2015

Oh, also, when you pull them off, put them on a cooling rack.  They make some that will fit right on a 1/2 or full sheet pan. That will let the patty dry off a lil bit.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Dammit!  Spent an hour at lowes this morning designing new cabinet layout. Walked past it twice.  Made sure to point it out. "So that's the famous griddle?"

biding my time....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Damnit. Got my wife on board, just to go back to the bed bath and beyond website and its backordered again. Then look back at the coupon and it says in store only. I'm down for the $240, but back on the fence at the $300 everyone else wants. Call me cheap. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • blasting
    Jeremiah said:
    Damnit. Got my wife on board, just to go back to the bed bath and beyond website and its backordered again. Then look back at the coupon and it says in store only. I'm down for the $240, but back on the fence at the $300 everyone else wants. Call me cheap. 

I called the number and they told me they would take the 20% off coupon. fyi
    Phoenix 
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317

Your eating too slow, you need to step it up! ;)
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited July 2015
    cazzy said:

Make your griddle toast or buns first and set aside.  Then, do your burgers.  It honestly goes superfast so I find I get a better toast this way. Also, clarified butter is your friend.  When you construct your burger, make sure your lettuce is touching one of the buns.  I normally like lettuce on the top, but it is more useful on the bottom as that is the bun that will sog.  Ultimately, try not to build your burgers too soon and that will keep the integrity a lil better.  You can put the buns in a warmer after you toast them. 

ON the buns - I have used butter on the bun like a grilled cheese and I have done dry buns on a dry griddle (the grease/oil just makes it soggy). I like the butter effect, but the dry griddle / bun toasts it nicely with less calories. 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I did bacon eggs and hash browns this morning. All very good.  This is a fun toy! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy said:

ON the buns - I have used butter on the bun like a grilled cheese and I have done dry buns on a dry griddle (the grease/oil just makes it soggy). I like the butter effect, but the dry griddle / bun toasts it nicely with less calories. 
    Man, I just like that golden crust!

• GuitarEC
    GuitarEC Posts: 122
    I've been watching this thread for a while, and I'm pretty much sold.  I've told the wife that this is what I want for Christmas this year.

In the mean time, I'll keep staring at all the food pron streaming on the thread...

Drooling,

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atl.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    @Jeremiah
    I went into my local Lowes, I lied, told them the nearest Bed, Bath, Beyond was 50miles away with the griddle in stock and I didn't feel like driving that far.  They gave me 10% off, so I walked out of there with the griddle for 291.00 after tax.  Good enough for me, and not having to wait on BBB to fill an order.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Grillin_beers
    So who's cooking on it tonight?  The wife and I are actually going out to eat tonight so I won't be cooking. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Free sammich tip for you griddle cowboys...

make ya up a couple of nice smash burgers, lots of cheese on 'em, instead of a bun, use a nice crispy grilled cheese on either side of the patties for your bread.

Glorious.
  • cazzy
    Free sammich tip for you griddle cowboys...

make ya up a couple of nice smash burgers, lots of cheese on 'em, instead of a bun, use a nice crispy grilled cheese on either side of the patties for your bread.

Glorious.
    Oh yeah, I have seen that on a food truck before.  Definitely on the list!
  • Grillin_beers
    Chili dogs are pretty good off of the griddle.  It's nice to get home from work at 7 and be eating by 7:20. 

• bigdogk9
    bigdogk9 Posts: 69
    Had to season the griddle and couldn't wait to try the volcano!!! Worked pretty good. Ready to use this bad boy!!!