Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last minute ribs

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So today was filled with lots of work excitement with concalls...

Anyway, about 11:45 I'm on a call and decide I want ribs tonight. Get off the call at 12 and discover I have no ribs in the house. Jump in the truck at 12:05 and run to Wal-Mart. My next call is at 1:00, so I need to hurry. Came home with these, not my first choice, but it was what it was.

Got back and fired the XL with the weed burner, meanwhile, prepped the ribs. Normally I trim St. Louis Style, but didn't have time. As soon as the egg started coming to temp I slapped the Stoker on and finished prepping the ribs. Rubbed with Memphis Dust and some cherry smoke. Egg was probably around 200*, but I had to hurry.

Was on the phone solid until 5 and this is what they looked like:

Dabbed the liquid with a paper towel and let them ride for another 1.5 hours about and sauced them.

Let them ride until they were ready, about 7:20 or so.

Sliced:

And eaten.

Not my best ribs, but for a last minute decision, worked just fine. Nice bite clean texture, flavor was really good.

Here's the graph of it. While I was on the phone I was watching and tweaking temps.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Damn!!! Killing it on the grill and on the business side at the same time. Isn't that the brand Paula Deen used to be a spokesperson for? Send them some pics maybe they will sponsor you...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sign me up. Nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Ribs look good champ. I made them on su day and ate the last couple bones on Wednesday for lunch. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    I quit buying Smithfield spareribs at Walmart after several racks this summer had too much fat in them. The price is right but left me wanting. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    Multitasking at its finest!  

Self basting ribs!  LOL
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I quit buying Smithfield spareribs at Walmart after several racks this summer had too much fat in them. The price is right but left me wanting. 
    Usually I have plenty of Restaurant Depot ribs in the freezer, but I'm clean out. Need to make another RD run.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Another day in the life of @DMW. Good looking grub. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    They look okay... hardly epic though
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Usually I have plenty of Restaurant Depot ribs in the freezer, but I'm clean out. Need to make another RD run.
    Might have just been a bad run I had, they cooked and looked good just didn't eat good. 
    Prices elsewhere have been high so I've passed lately. Need to find another good supply at decent prices. Dont have acess to RD myself. Your cook looks great.  
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Might have just been a bad run I had, they cooked and looked good just didn't eat good. 
    Prices elsewhere have been high so I've passed lately. Need to find another good supply at decent prices. Dont have acess to RD myself. Your cook looks great.  
    Join KCBS, you get access to RD. The membership is worth just the RD access.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Ribs look great - nice ring. And gotta love the Stoker in these situations!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looking good,  sir. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They look great man.  I was also in conference calls all day.  I managed to slap some deli turkey, guac, and salsa in a tortilla and make a bastardized burrito for lunch.   You muti-task better than I do.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    EPIC!  Super epic-ey.  More epic-er than some epic-wannabe's less-than-epic ribs, I'll tell you that. THAT IS EPICNESS!  #superepic-ey #wutwutribsaintbutt
    Options
    Great looking...er...EPIC ribs !!!  I had a good comment, but after reading the ones above, and laughing so hard, I forgot it by the time I got down to the post box !!!!

Always appreciate your cooks and input...simply awesome...er...EPIC !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!