Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt Question

Options
I'm doing a pork butt and want to cook it at about 225.  I'm going to use a Maverick to monitor the temp, but should I monitor it at the grate or should I attach the pit probe to the dome.   I frequently have about a 20 - 30 degree difference between the dome and the grate and over the last few longer cooks, the difference didn't disappear.

In the past, I always set the probe at the grate and kept it at 225 but now I'm wondering whether I was really cooking at 250 - 260.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Put it where the butt is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Grate
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Btw, cooking at 225 vs 260 will only affect cook time
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Thanks guys

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA