Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Be nice or....

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I miss bullys that actually would get their ass kicked by me or the rest of the sane people.  But apparently it's a crime to defend people anymore....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I miss bullys that actually would get their ass kicked by me or the rest of the sane people. 
    What does one call someone who bullys the bullys?
  • stemc33
    Options
    hapster said:
    I miss bullys that actually would get their ass kicked by me or the rest of the sane people. 
    What does one call someone who bullys the bullys?
    Bad @$$
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I was expecting to see a reference to everyone picking on poor Craig. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I was expecting to see a reference to everyone picking on poor Craig. 
    LOL... He might as well have posted a sign that said "hit me"
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    My wife is a school counselor, I can read the "we are all friends " book to anyone who has been offended tonight.- Disclaimer: I in no way have any psychatric  training or emotional support training, I just carry her luggage
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Leave him ALONE!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stemc33
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    My wife is a school counselor, I can read the "we are all friends " book to anyone who has been offended tonight.- Disclaimer: I in no way have any psychatric  training or emotional support training, I just carry her luggage
    Whatever happened to "Sticks and Stones"? I wanna know what idiotic bastard started the movement to get rid of that old adage. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    That's me.  I call BGC "Britney".  I know it's weird but that's how I roll.
    "Now that's funny I don't care who you are"

-Todd
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    RiverDoc said:
    Whatever happened to "Sticks and Stones"? I wanna know what idiotic bastard started the movement to get rid of that old adage. 
    Come to think about, I think it was this guy. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XwLLH9EZiqc
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    I love them! Business time is one of my fav!
    http://youtu.be/WGOohBytKTU
    -Todd
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    At my kids school they have daily bully meetings.  They all sit around and tattle about every possible perceived slight.  Not only does this foster a generation of tattle tales, but all it took was two bullies getting their story straight to get another kid in trouble and publicly ridiculed.

I asked the principal if she or anyone else had given this any thought prior to making the policy.  Also told her my kid was not allowed to participate.
    Phoenix 
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    It's out of control, like most things today. I've seen the kid who was getting pushed around get sent home. And kids are smart , some use this to their advantage because after all they would never make something up
    -Todd
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Along with "participation awards" we are raising a generation of entitled wimpy tattle tales with no social skills because they are on their phones all day. Glad I don't have kids.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Every time I see this, I feel so much better about myself. So much better.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I always enjoyed this clip. This guy is more of Richard than a bully. The other guy wiped the smile off his face pretty quickly. 

https://youtu.be/ywH_WfMIo9s
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
     Glad I don't have kids.
    Me too

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    stemc33 said:

I don't know who it was but I bet they sit "Criss Cross Applesauce"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I always enjoyed this clip. This guy is more of Richard than a bully. The other guy wiped the smile off his face pretty quickly. 

https://youtu.be/ywH_WfMIo9s
    That was a hell of a punch.  Southpaw!  

My favorite part was his friend asking the girl that helped "you down to come to my place".  :rofl: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I have told my son since he first started school about the only two things I have zero tolerance for are him being a bully to a kid or being bullied by a kid. 

I was bullied in the 7th grade for a few months. I was terrified of Eddie a kid two years older than I was. He tortured me daily. Finally one day instead of getting scared I got mad. He told me he was going to kick my ass, and instead of hiding like a baby deer I got in his face and told him I was going to stomp his face in the dirt. 

He looked scared and from that day on he left me alone. That was a very powerful day for me. I haven't been bullied since then. I had rather get my ass kicked than for someone to think I am scared of them. 
    I shepherd my kids in that same direction.  I tell them that they are never to start a fight but if they find themselves in one.....they damn sure better finish it.  If they see someone being bullied....they are to stick up for the helpless and be a friend to someone who needs it.  Seems logical to me but this day and age I feel like a man without a country!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @GATraveller I don't have kids but that is the way I was raised.  It just seems like good common sense parenting to me. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That sounds good in theory, but what does your kid actually do if the bully is his friend and/or the kid being bullied is unpopular?  Keep in mind kids want to be popular and the mob mentality (which we sadly see on this forum) is powerful, especially among those that conform, want to be popular themselves, or are not independent thinkers.
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That sounds good in theory, but what does your kid actually do if the bully is his friend and/or the kid being bullied is unpopular?  Keep in mind kids want to be popular and the mob mentality (which we sadly see on this forum) is powerful, especially among those that conform, want to be popular themselves, or are not independent thinkers.
    Gosh, there you go again being all democratic and cool again... :)
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL