Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amazon Prime Day

Options
So, Did anyone get any really good deals? I really didn't see anything special/worthwhile. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Prime day looked like they raided a Rite Aid and an abandoned Circuit City. It was an overhyped yard sale
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Prime day looked like they raided a Rite Aid and an abandoned Circuit City. It was an overhyped yard sale
    Amen!  I almost bought a router because they had 15% off warehouse deals, but it wasn't even that great of a deal.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    The prices were not great at all. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    I was expecting a lot more from prime day!  Usually can find deals any day on Amazon so this was a disappointment.
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I bought a toaster that wasn't on sale and a veggie spiralizer.  So pretty much a regular day for me.
    NOLA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I picked up another Fire TV stick, Raspberry Pi2, a wireless speaker, and some baseball bases.  All things I had been tracking and waiting to buy for a while.  They were not Gonga, worth waiting up till 2am to get, but when I happened to look they were there and I saved a few bucks.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Only worthwhile item was a $10 gift card with the purchase of a 3 pack of gift cards. The $15 three packs were eligible, so $55 of Amazon credit for $45. Not great, but something. Total waste of time. Many agree:  http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/15/news/amazon-walmart-prime-day-customers/
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

I was excited for it.......what a bust.  Half the crap was jewelry, like it is everyday.  I would actually page through all lightning deals if you could turn off the jewelry.

I tried to buy two pairs different pairs of ASICS tennis shoes.  Clicked on them the second they went live, selected my size and color--100% claimed, join the waitlist.

Not wasting an time on Prime Day next year unless they actually have some inventory to sell.  It was kind of like eBay used to be in the late 90's with the "bid snipers"--being one of them, I kind of miss those days.  LOL

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    What a joke.  Tried to buy 2 things, some cd-r's and a phone screen protector.  Both sold out immediately after going live.  Worse than Ebay lol
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    It was a joke. I expect better from Amazon. They advertised this as being better than Black Friday. I guess it was on par with Black Friday if you do your Christmas shopping at Kmart. 

It sucked. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    It was like a giant yard sale - I managed to pick up the Anova Sous Vide that folks were talking about - it was $30 off so I figured it was worth a shot
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    I was looking at headphones, they were pretty well priced $20 below normal.  Of course they were sold out, I joined wait list but no go.  Searched the net and found another merchant matching Amazon's sale price with free shipping and no sales tax.  So ended up getting a better deal thru a Amazon competitor.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BigJonMoo73
    Options
    It was very disappointing... Please don't advertise to be better than Black Friday and proceed to sell crap at fake discounts. Oh 60% off! Oh... off the MSRP which no one sells it for. Jerks!
    Little Elm, Tx
    LBGE