Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New home for family and the egg

JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I finally completed my move from Augusta, GA to Tampa, FL. Sure is a whole different world down here in FL. The movers came today and I finally got my LG Egg back after some six months. Tomorrow is the inaugral FL cook on the LG. Here is the new house[p]13257EarlyRunLane.jpg[p]The egg's new home[p]IMG_3416.jpg[p]And a new cooking buddy. Comes by at least twice a day; wonder how they taste barbequed?[p]IMG_3414.jpg[p]Special thanks to Banker John for the banking help. [p]John

Comments

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    JM3,
    Your photos look better than what I saw in the appraisal, LOL. Of course, there were no Big Green Eggs in the appraisal - shux, I guess I can't repo them BGE's! LOL[p]I'm glad things went smooth with the move and eggs landed safely! Now you can cook that brisket for your daughters 12th birthday![p]It's time to put the Florida Eggfest on your calendar for March 2007.[p]Banker John

• JM3,
    something tells me you will have a new friend very soon (the poor guy with that webber kettle across the back yard from you), lurking, questioning, sniffing, asking for samples. ..lets see how fast you can bring him over to "the green side" . .heeee

• JM3,[p]I Am just across the peninsula in Orlando, Not to far from you. It is a bit different in Central Florida then the rest of the world. [p]Wishing you and your family the best, and many happy memories. If you need anything we are not that far apart.[p]-- Joshua[p]
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    JM3,
    That looks JUST like Rotonda West where my inlaws live. They are South/West of Tampa on the Gulf. If I listen to my wife I'll be ending up there in about 25 years. Congrats!

• JM3,[p]I had a head hunter call me last week for a position down there (meaning Sanford,Florida). I said sure, but haven't heard back yet, still hoping to be your neighbor. LOL Well anybodys neighbor in Florida. I'd be alot closer to my Dad too. [p]Still waiting...
    E

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    JM3, Watch how you talk about snacking on them birds, Blue Smoke would probably be paying you a late nite visit. He's got them all over his back yard. I'm in Titusville on the east coast of Florida. All we see are red hawks grabbing mice out of the bushes. I don't mess with hawks.