Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Confused but not Devastated

Options

So I've been an egg owner for 10+ years and a true lurker (1 post) for 4 years.  Some may call me a troll which I will gladly accept.  However, here's a great example of how social media can be dangerous (instagram).  There is some serious talent here but now it's all about expectation? Really? The majority of the folks here post for the love of the product and the pics of unreal food.  When I went back and checked the post it was deleted.  I can only hope it was an alcohol induced post. If the image doesn't display correctly bring the pain. Does this post accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things? Not really but I've followed BGC and have watched the opinions on both sides.

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    +1    B)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @BigGreenCraig is the man. He once made pizza with meat on it. That's how he rolls. Undercooked ribs. Yep all his followers wanted to blow him for that one. A good lens and lighting and anyone can make food look good. I heard he won Eggtoberfest!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    I think my opinion of Craig would be very different had I realized  he was just trying to sell tshirts with his name on them to help the mothership out.  What does a guy have to do to get respect around here?  Sheesh!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    But guys he has a "following"! Guys!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    This is funny.... No one asked him to do what he's doing, he took that upon himself. He's making some money, still , just on his name (and a play on BGE) and from his blog traffic, plus any sponsors. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Exactly @tarheelmatt .  No one ever asked him to take pictures and support the product (or have a 24 hour live cam).  He took that upon himself.  He's only aggravated about them not promoting whatever it is that he's trying to do.  If he wants promoting, appreciation or something else, he needs to fill out an application for employment.  
  • Lit
    Options
    Please someone post the GIF! 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm promoting why doesn't anyone like my stuff damn it.... Fried zucchini, a little over done. I'm sure I could find a non paid endorser of my grill to give me tips.....or I could come here and discuss amongst friends.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Lit
    Options
    I was having such a bad night then this happens. May hit up church Sunday.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Umm...I like turtles?
    Options
    I'm a little confused, you bought at product liked it and have been making money off of it....so why do you feel BGE owes you something?  Have to love the  narcissistic tendencies of some people.  

Main a positive note I've decided to like @Scottborasjr zucchini 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Smokeysmokerson
    Options
    It really depends on the temperature for the dome vs. the grate!  Especially when it comes to smoking kingfish...  Some people just can't agree on this.  
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    here we go again boys

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've been hanging around here a couple of years and cannot figure out this love/hate relationship with big_breen_craig. This must of started with an incident I'm unaware of or before my time. I'm assuming that he tried to profit from t-shirts, but there's got to be more to the story. 

Sometimes I hear people praise him and others rant. 

Edit. Hear not here
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've missed the original post or the reason for blasting bgc.....  
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Options
    Who flagged me for that? 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    It wasn't a post here he put on Twitter and Instagram that he was done with BGE because they haven't "paid him respect". He posted cooking on another kamado which I have no problem with. But it was his attitude.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm the new guy here, wouldn't mind hearing the back story them at led up to this. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    You guys are bordering on fat shaming. BGC is super morbidly obese and therefore shouldn't be  criticized for anything under any  circumstances. 
    I'm not the smallest guy in the world and have never been skinny. You'll never hear me talk negatively about their appearance. I'm not down with that at all and really no one should be that shallow. 
    I bet your husband hates you. (Edit) FATTY
    Hahha... Sure, if it makes you feel that much better buddy to call someone fat, like an adolescent middle schooler , then I'm your man. Not going to bother me a bit brah... You don't know me. 

You guys are bordering on fat shaming. BGC is super morbidly obese and therefore shouldn't be  criticized for anything under any  circumstances. 
    I'm not the smallest guy in the world and have never been skinny. You'll never hear me talk negatively about their appearance. I'm not down with that at all and really no one should be that shallow. 
    I bet your husband hates you. (Edit) FATTY
    Hahha... Sure, if it makes you feel that much better buddy to call someone fat, like an adolescent middle schooler , then I'm your man. Not going to bother me a bit brah... You don't know me. 
    Matt, your mom called me, she wants her  testicles back. 
    Oh, you're on a roll buddy with these middle school jokes.  

I do promise you the jewels are where they're supposed to be. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • henapple
    Options
    I didn't know... Hadn't been on in a minute.