Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briskey

Options
McStew
McStew Posts: 965

Has anyone tied this I am heading to Washington next week to play Chambers bay then to Austin for work. I was looking for bars in both areas and found this.  I might have to try this as my customers are drinkers.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/08/brisket-infused-bourbon-turkey-gin-cu29-cocktail-bar-austin-texas.html

CU29's brisket bourbon is made with two pounds of the famed Franklin Barbecue meat."The real key is have a lean cut and start infusion while the brisket is hot," Cowan explained, "so the pores are open and can permeate more bourbon throughout the meat." After it's been infused for a week or two, with the crew tasting every day to gauge flavor development, the meat is removed and they finish the fat-washing process by chilling the mixture and straining out the separated solids and fat. He recommends that folks to try it on its own first, but says it's killer in a Bloody Mary.
Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments