Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks! @theyolksonyou I'm hoping to get some good years out of it. I couldn't find too many negative reviews on it. Mostly just the weight being 60+ pounds. I do need to look into a better blade for it though 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Buying used man-tools gets you 3 more points; congrats!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    Options
    Haha thanks! @hotch
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Waiting for midnight to check Amazon for deals
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My miter saw weighs 65 pounds.  It's a beast. 

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/corded/6955-20

edited July 2015
    Options
    @nolaegghead Do you have a cart for the saw or do you keep it stationary?

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have it on a miter saw stand.  I can pop it off with two levers, but the stand folds up and has wheels.
    Options
    Checking out what prime day is all about.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    @nolaegghead Do you have a cart for the saw or do you keep it stationary?
    I've have a Dewalt. I made this stand 15 years ago. It's a black and decker workmate with a 3/4 plywood adapter to fit the saw. Works great, compact, and cheap. Back then workmates were $40

• WeberWho
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Botch My phone must have auto corrected the spelling of you handle name above ^^^^. My bad. Thanks!

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sitting at my desk at work jamming out to:

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Much appreciated @DoubleEgger I was just looking online for a portable table. What I understand is that this Hitachi saw won't fit majority of the universal stands and that an adapter plate has to be made. Looks like you were in the same proposition. Thank you for the tip and pictures! I have an aluminum/stainless cart in my garage that was going to be a prep table, that turned into a housing for my small egg, that now I think will change into a miter table. It will eventually turn back into a prep table if I ever figure out a patio. The table is too big to move around when cars are parked in the garage. So the small egg hardly ever gets used since the table is too big. I'm too much of a cheap ass to spend $140 for a small nest. The small would probably be used 80% of the time if I had the nest though. Since the miter saw will only see so much use it probably makes sense to use the table since I have already made space for it in the garage. I just need to switch out the casters for some pneumatic locking ones. I'll have to take a couple pics if that's the direction I go.  Most things make sense in my head but writing them down in words explaining them doesn't always make sense! =)

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Legume said:
    About to start building two cornhole sets for gifts...and drink beer.

Finally finished a set all the way through.  Had some design delays along the way and a decision to leave a clear-coated edge that isn't great with the filled screw holes but looks fine when you're not staring at it.  Something to fix for the next round.  My wife did the painting and nailed the logo on these, really happy with them, so on to the next sets.  Four coats of poly on the top, two everywhere else, we'll see how durable that is.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cleaning my platesetter

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm fixing to stuff 2 pounds of loaded fries and seafood platter into my big fat highly conservative self. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Rolling down the street, smoking endo, and sipping on gin and juice.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind...
    Options
    Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind...
    If the democrats have their way, the above statement will be true. The only money that you will have will be in your mind. Your physical money will be in their thieving pockets. Vote Conserative my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I would gladly crush that seafood platter @SGH should you find yourself in possession of an extra or three.  Platters are one of my very favorites.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Legume said:
      Platters are one of my very favorites.
    Well said sir^^^^^^^^. And I agree, platters are at the top of the list for sure!

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    I'm getting the itch to place an order with SRF....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nvr mind.  Gif fail.  Carry on gentlemen.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looks good @theyolksonyou
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just realized I needed a 3" spacer between my 36" blind base cabinet and the 36" base. The drawers won't open without it, bad news is I have no extra space to expand into the sliding glass door so I have to order a new 32" base in the morning and a 6" spacer to cut down. Quick way to add a couple weeks to a kitchen Reno.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I nearly spit my beverage!

@tarheelmatt bacon and eggs for supper, allegedly. No pics. Pretty good, but if I were going to do a lot if have to buy a slicer. That @cazzy knife is the bomb, but my knife skills suck. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I nearly spit my beverage!

@tarheelmatt bacon and eggs for supper, allegedly. No pics. Pretty good, but if I were going to do a lot if have to buy a slicer. That @cazzy knife is the bomb, but my knife skills suck. 
    I'll vouch for the Caz Blade 5000, it's a nice blade. 

Oh, I'll believe you! It looks good though. I still haven't got to do bacon yet. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Don't light a candle with a weed burner.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Don't light a candle with a weed burner.
    Inspiration Tuesday was yesterday...