Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Cheddar Brisket Burgers and Hand Cut Fries

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
I ground a brisket last week and froze it for the purpose of brisket burgers. Tonight was the night.

Getting ready, oil heat up and egg coming up to temp. Small chunk of mesquite to toss in.

Cooked the bacon raised direct.

Cut the fries this afternoon and soaked them for a few hours in the fridge first.

First batch for the first fry at 325*

6oz brisket burgers for the adults, quarter pounders for the the kids. Buttered Texas toast to get nice.

Second fry at 375*

Plated with just a few fries. The second batch wasn't ready yet and I was hungry, had to share the first batch.

Mmmmm...

Wow these were good. As long as Wal-Mart has choice briskets for $2.96/pound, this is going to be my go to for burgers.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Looks great Dwayne!  Just brisket, no other meat?  I've seen them mixed in with something else.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Wow, that's a serious burger and fry cook!  What kind of meat grinder do you use?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    Options
    Looks great Dwayne!  Just brisket, no other meat?  I've seen them mixed in with something else.
    Just brisket. I've also seen various blends, but wanted to see what just brisket was like.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    @blind99 -Thanks, here's the grinder I have, looks like it's on sale again.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200451267_200451267
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother D those look spectacular. I could go for about 6 of those burgers about now. Solid man. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Tbla
    Tbla Posts: 57
    Options
    Great burgers with a great view off the deck.    
    Woodbury, MN.   LBGE, Weber gasser, ECB
  • Smokes_Up
    Smokes_Up Posts: 10
    Options
  • MRbge
    MRbge Posts: 40
    Options
    Looks absolutely delicious.  
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very nice. And shamefully I'll admit I've never grilled bacon that way. I'll try it now. Just because.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Awesome burger!  We see a lot of burgers, but those look special.  I'll take 2, just for quality control purposes!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Just excellent!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Very nice looking meal @DMW .  I'll take that over fancy any day of the week.
    Phoenix 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Right on!  Nice job  @DMW

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Brisket makes some of the best burgers.  I cut out all the bulk fat and replace it with bacon. 

Man, nice field.  Looks like a good location for a Wal-Mart..... ;)
    Options
    Brisket makes some of the best burgers.  I cut out all the bulk fat and replace it with bacon. 

Man, nice field.  Looks like a good location for a Wal-Mart..... ;)
    There's already a Wal-Mart on the other side of the street. I'm thinking maybe a Target to offer some competition... :sick: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• IPASooner
    IPASooner Posts: 208
    Options
    Looks really great!
    LBGE

Marblehead, MA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Looks awesome! 

Options
    Looks delicious
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Man that looks delicious! 
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    @DMW that looks great! Did you trim the brisket much? 
    Also, I've been looking at those portable butane burners that you did the fries on. How many btu's is that unit? Would love to get one for deep frying.  The wife complains when I do it indoors. 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    DMW Awesome looking Brisket burgers.  

Do you think just grinding up a brisket flat from Kroger would yield similar results?  

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    @DMW that looks great! Did you trim the brisket much? 
    Also, I've been looking at those portable butane burners that you did the fries on. How many btu's is that unit? Would love to get one for deep frying.  The wife complains when I do it indoors. 
    +1. Looks outstanding @DMW !
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • DMW
    Options
    @pescadorzih - Thanks! I trimmed almost all the hard fat and a good bit of the fat cap. I figured the marbling in the brisket would be enough, and I think it was. I did do 2 grinds, one course, then a more fine grind. Before the second grind I mixed the point meat (fattier) with the lean of the flat.

The burner is 8K, this one:
    http://www.therestaurantstore.com/portable-gas-stove-butane-burner-with-1-range/472E10SL.html

It should be a bit larger, recovery time between batches was pretty long with the amount of fries I dropped each batch. I probably should have gone with smaller batches.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    thanks for the link.  any experience making sausage with it?
  • DMW
    Options
    blind99 said:
    thanks for the link.  any experience making sausage with it?
    @blind99 - Yep, a number of times. I do not stuff directly from the grinder, I have a vertical stuffer. Here's one I posted:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1169294/sausage-sausage-sausage-sausage/p1
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @DMW - that's the 5# LEN stuffer?  If so, I have that same unit. Worth it.
    Options
    Wow, very cool, I'm sure it's delicious stuff!  I seem to recall people saying a dedicated stuffer is the way to go.  Grinder, stuffer, vacuum sealer... I would need a new house for all of it! 
  • DMW
    Options
    @DMW - that's the 5# LEN stuffer?  If so, I have that same unit. Worth it.
    No, I wish I had gotten that one. It's the Kitchener 5#, very similar by has nylon gears. For the volume I stuff, it will probably be OK.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA