Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - You Know You're Getting Old When...

Options
2»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    when McDonalds had only sold 400,000 hamburgers?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    When you say ( that guys had some nice fences around his place). #fenceenvy

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    When you look at that young hot chick wearing Lululemon in the gym and get the old creepy dude look  :|
    Jacksonville FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Dobie said:
    When you look at that young hot chick wearing Lululemon in the gym and get the old creepy dude look  :|
    When you look at the young hot chick....and her mom.  
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @HofstraJet Kick ass photo!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used one like this in college ... 

canuckland
  • YukonRon
    Options
    we have a winner...smh

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Along the lines of that post @Canugghead, going to the Smithsonian and looking at the history of computers and realizing how many of them you owned. :s  

PS - I'm slightly concerned that (a) you still have it, and (b) that you posed it with your egg.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I used one like this in college ... 

Sadly, my first thought when I saw this photo was "Man, I haven't seen one of those in years!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I think Austin Powers used that once.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You know you're getting old because everyone alive is getting old, all the time.  You stop when you kick the bucket.

I got my AARP notice.  Paid my dues for the next 5 years.  I'm still as immature as a 14 year old.
    I've decided at least for now that I don't wish to support AARP because of their politics and they support Obummercare.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    So you must have a lot of stock in park bench manufacturers and newspapers.  The hospices of your future.   Have a heart, Fred.
    Options
    I hear ya.  Our local Shopko gives a "senior" discount once a month and a couple of years ago was asked by the clerk if I was one. Ouch.  Made the mistake of telling my employees and of course their request was for me to do their shopping to get my discount for them.   Long time to live it down.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It's simple economics.  You can't offer everything to everybody and still make it affordable for those paying.  That goes against every economic lesson ever learned.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Fred, you're a caveman and I know better than to argue with you.
    Options
    i don't know @nolaegghead ... My mom always said, "always trust the man with a pet dinosaur with all healthcare matters".
    Phoenix 
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    I turned 40 this year but have a guy who works with me that was born in 1991. It makes me feel old. I make these awesome references to movies or songs and he seems puzzled. The good news is that I have created a list of important movies for him to watch over and over until he has memorized the lines so that the next time I quote Judge Smails he gets the reference. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Just hired a kid in the office that was born when I was in college.  Found an old 3.5 in floppy disk in a drawer and asked him if he knew what that was and he had no idea.

Yes, I have an Apple IIe that still works with the old 8-pin imagewriter printer.

Got my first AARP invite at 25 years old; my wife has called me old man ever since!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I knew I was getting old when one of the guys who works in our install department came in while I was listening to Pink Floyd and he said "who is this?". When I responded Pink Floyd he still answered with "Who!?". I just shook my head and went back to what I was doing. The next song was ACDC, when he asked who that was I told him "you better get the hell out of here right now!". 
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Man I thought for sure this would be about Fred's balls dropping.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Just hired a kid in the office that was born when I was in college.  Found an old 3.5 in floppy disk in a drawer and asked him if he knew what that was and he had no idea.

Yes, I have an Apple IIe that still works with the old 8-pin imagewriter printer.

Got my first AARP invite at 25 years old; my wife has called me old man ever since!
    My first computer was an Apple //e.  And a 56k modem. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    A couple of years ago I went to a local gym where pickup teams start on a relatively small court and move up courts if they keep winning until they get to the full-sized court where the best teams play. I fortunately got on a pretty good team and we won our games on all 4 little courts and were sitting and waiting our turn at the team that had held the big court all night. As I was in my late 40s, I was - by 20 years - the oldest guy on my team and I was holding my own and making good contributions. I was feeling pretty good about myself although I was pretty winded and I sweat more than most ball players so I guess I looked pretty worn out. 

The best player on our team (who had played D1 ball two years previously) turned to me and asked "Are you gonna be OK on this big court?"

In my youth I would have said "F--- you".  Instead, I thought for a second that it was a legit question. Then I got offended but could only muster "I may not be leading the fast break, but on the defensive end you've never seen my man beat me down court for an easy shot and you never will."  We lost the game but I held true to my word.  And I definitely walked out of there feeling older just because of that one question. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    When you stop looking at college girls andlook at their moms.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    When you stop looking at college girls andlook at their moms.
    Or thier grand mothers!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Your dreams are dry and your farts are wet.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!