Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's New Mexico Stuffed Pepper Results

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2328.jpg
<p />Quite honestly, this is one of, if not the best, non-meat cook I've ever done on the Egg. I added a Ranchero sauce to the recipe I posted to Fishlessman earlier today. I think that was a huge addition. It's easy, quick and delicious.....hope the leftovers are as good. In my opinion, it's a...."invite guests" type of cuisine. First pic is of prepared Anaheims and Poblanos.....next is stuffed/uncooked.....next is cooked. It's sure worth trying.[p]Miquel[p]IMG_2319.jpg[p]IMG_2323.jpg[p]IMG_2326.jpg[p][p][p][p]

Comments

• Peanut
    Peanut Posts: 75
    Options
    I like the look of that tortilla as well! Nice! Tell me, are those peppers stuffed with Peanut's Spinach ball recipe? Hahaha. Looks inviting!
  • billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    miquel
    it certainly seems like you got the food figured out. Absolutely great. Meanwhile my tools are working good and looking better. Am a little afraid to go to your website because I might order another tool and the boss (the wife) may make life uncomfortable seeing all the other tools. but when it gets a little closer to my birthday and with "Lawn Ranger time" I should be safe for another order.
    Bill G
  • YoFuego
    YoFuego Posts: 4
    Options
    LawnRanger, I think cooking foods on the egg other than meat is more fun and interesting ... you can really cook anything on the egg that can be cooked on the stove, in the oven or on a grill.... sooo versatile.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    looks real good, my neices 1st birthday is this weekend and the get together will be all mexican food, also theres a cinco de mayo street party coming up. maybe those will get made along with the chili rellenos. how hot are the anaheims compared to the poblanos, could they be served to a non bbq new england crowd. i love stuffed peppers

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    Excellent presentation! Man that looks wonderful.

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Much milder. Great!...I don't think anyone would have a problem.[p]Mike

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    LawnRanger, the recipe that I found that you posted to fishlessman called for sausage, yet here you said it's meatless. Did you just omit the meat from the recipe, or were there other adjustments to make up for the sausage?
    Looks great, and I'll probably try it this weekend. I have some good and hot hatch green chilies that I'll use.

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Grillicious,
    No, it had the sausage in it. When I said non-meat I guess I was just thinking along the lines of pure carnivore cooking. The recipe actually called for chorizo or pork sausage. I'm not much of a chorizo guy.[p]Mike