Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Raging River

Options
our AC broke so we decided to grill salmon instead (less heat from kitchen), which is actually a blessing in disguise because it means I have an excuse to buy a new rub. Seems like everyone loves Raging River, I'm excited to give it a try. I'll post pics later tonight

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Doing the same thing myself!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    It's one of my wife's favorites for sure and good on many things!!
    It makes phenomenal popcorn...and it's dayuuum goooood on grilled corn too!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    BGE Kodiac River by Dizzy Pig is awesome on salmon. I think it probably has a similar flavor profile as Raging River. All the BGE seasonings seem to have names similar to the Dizzy Pig bottled stuff. I'm thinking same company with similar names must equal similar flavor profiles. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    BGE Kodiac River by Dizzy Pig is awesome on salmon. I think it probably has a similar flavor profile as Raging River. All the BGE seasonings seem to have names similar to the Dizzy Pig bottled stuff. I'm thinking same company with similar names must equal similar flavor profiles. 

Yes...youre on the right track!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    RR is my favorite for pork!!!  Try it sometime!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You will love it.  Once you have this you will not go back to salmon in the oven.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    I like raging river on steak kabobs

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• sloo50
    sloo50 Posts: 20
    Options
    Try it on Grilled Corn and mashed potatoes.  (pop corn sounds good too)
    Chesapeake Virginia 
  • cliffturner04
    Options
    Ended up getting Arctic char, it looked better at DeKalb Farmer's Market! Threw on some broccolini and lemon wedges!
  • MRbge
    MRbge Posts: 40
    Options
    That looks great.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Looks great.  How did you like the Raging River?
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great looking meal!!! Hope you get your AC fixed soon. Don't know where you are but our heat indexes were about 110° today. It was 97° in the shade at 4:30pm.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great looking meal!!! Hope you get your AC fixed soon. Don't know where you are but our heat indexes were about 110° today. It was 97° in the shade at 4:30pm.  
    I know those levels are common for folks down South, but not for us. Our heat index was 108 and I hate that! I don't see how those Southern folks stand that. At least up here when we complain about 20 below wind chill temperatures we can put on more clothes and stay toasty! With those guys running around nekked to Wally World and all I'd rather stay home and sweat I guess...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    Tried the raging river on a whole chicken.  I thought it was good. My wife was not crazy about it.  I'll take 3 more bottles!!  Lol
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • cliffturner04
    Options
    Raging river was great! I found an Ace hardware .5 from my house that stocks all of the Dizzy line, so I have my work cut out for me. 

I'm in Decatur, GA, so we're definitely ready to have the AC fixed, it was 90° inside last night! Fortunately they're coming today.