Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @cazzy I have a caphalon mandoline. I really like it but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. 
    I wanted one with a guard since the wifey will use it!  LOL
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • grillman65
    grillman65 Posts: 81
    Options
    I love my mandolin, yes I don't use it every day, but just like a hammer, I'm glad I have it when I need it.
    LBGE, Tobaccoville,NC
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I had to come home at lunch to use my griddle again.  Fried some more bacon and made quesadillas again!  Tried to take pictures this time but couldn't resist taking a bite before I took a pic.  I might have overcooked the tortilla a little bit but it was still so so good. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Wait.. so bacon quesadilla?!?  Why have I not thought of this?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy I went with bacon, a Mexican cheese blend, and jalapeños.  Some chipotle ranch would have been pretty damn good on it.  

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My regulator has been loud as well on and off.  Mine is either completely silent, or sounds like a train whistle.  It has been completely quiet the past few cooks so maybe the lower propane level helps like Grim mentioned.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    It's kinda sad that the most popular thread on the BGE forum is a variant of a gasser  :|
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @DoubleEgger it's just a new shiny toy to some of us. If I had to only have one or the other my BGE would win hands down.  

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    It's kinda sad that the most popular thread on the BGE forum is a variant of a gasser  :|
    Don't sugarcoat it...it is a gasser.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Um, a Brisket how I do it is the most popular thread...

i will bump it for you!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Um, a Brisket how I do it is the most popular thread...

i will bump it for you!
    Burnnnnnn

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    FWIW I have cooked 3 times on the egg this week and only once on the blackstone ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    SoCalWJS said:
    r8rs4lf said:
    With all this talk I used mine today. Been a while since I used it.

Did bacon, hash browns, and eggs. It was better than any restaurant! Hash browns came out great because I was cooking them next to the bacon so they got some bacon grease.

I forgot who brought this up, but I added some washers to those posts where the griddle sets on the cart. It worked out great to get the grease to flow towards the gutter and into the catch.
    I need to do the washer trick.  

For hashbrowns. Did you use a frozen pack? I tried fresh potatoes, but that didn't work out.
    I've tried frozen and dehydrated/reconstituted with equally unimpressive results. 
    I tried to do a bit of checking and it seems the way to do it is fresh taters through a grater, then completely dried before cooking. Wrap them in paper towel and squeeze/press the life out of them. Repeat with fresh paper towel as needed.
    I will try this, but want to find a new grater with larger openings that I'm not worried about ruining. Current one doesn't work real well for hash browns IMO.
    Strain them with a salad spinner and nuke them in the microwave oven for 1m45s before "griddling" them.

Options
    319.99 on amazon right now.

240.00 on bb&beyond with a 20% coupon - but they are currently on bo.

I wonder how many grills have been sold because of this thread / forum.

Phoenix 
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    With all this talk I used mine today. Been a while since I used it.

Did bacon, hash browns, and eggs. It was better than any restaurant! Hash browns came out great because I was cooking them next to the bacon so they got some bacon grease.

I forgot who brought this up, but I added some washers to those posts where the griddle sets on the cart. It worked out great to get the grease to flow towards the gutter and into the catch.
    I need to do the washer trick.  

For hashbrowns. Did you use a frozen pack? I tried fresh potatoes, but that didn't work out.
    It was a frozen pack and they came out great. I'm not all technical when it comes to food. If it taste good to me and others, that's all I need. 
  • bigdogk9
    bigdogk9 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hell, I'm jumping on the bandwagon!!!! Any reason to go stainless? Is it the same griddle? Looks different on the website. The cooking surface looks different. There's even a camo version at Cabelas!!!
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Reuben, fantastic. Wife wouldn't let me touch it. I guess with three eggs this is her toy now! 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Reuben, fantastic. Wife wouldn't let me touch it. I guess with three eggs this is her toy now! OMG I want that! Did you make the corned beef?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    bigdogk9 said:
    Hell, I'm jumping on the bandwagon!!!! Any reason to go stainless? Is it the same griddle? Looks different on the website. The cooking surface looks different. There's even a camo version at Cabelas!!!
    Same griddle, better legs. I'm not convinced it's necessary.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Got my eggs, bacon and some hash browns ready to go... and I'm out of propane. Just finished my 2nd bottle. The 2nd bottle lasted a lot of cooks. 
  • bigdogk9
    bigdogk9 Posts: 69
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy thank you. Just ordered one!!!
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Reuben, fantastic. Wife wouldn't let me touch it. I guess with three eggs this is her toy now! OMG I want that! Did you make the corned beef?
    No, but we are going to soon. Store bought. i don't get notifications anymore when "tagged"? 
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger those Reubens look perfect.  Did you get a notification just then? 

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I did this time. It 50/50 thanks. Would have posted more pics but it was hot as hell and the wife was doing the cook with not to much on
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    ^I noticed the bathing suit behind the Reuben  :)
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Grillin_beers
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger I'm sure your wife appreciates you not posting pictures of her while she is scantily clad in a male dominated forum. Good looking sandwich though. What is it 55 degrees in Canada. 

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    ^I noticed the bathing suit behind the Reuben  :)
    Didn't notice that till you mentioned it. She wouldn't care. But is not needed. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger I'm sure your wife appreciates you not posting pictures of her while she is scantily clad in a male dominated forum. Good looking sandwich though. What is it 55 degrees in Canada. 
    55 degrees in Canada would be 55 degrees...? It's 34 ish. (93F)
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger I meant "What is it, 55 degrees there". Implying that 55 degrees was hot for yall. Sorry about the grammar i was on my phone. 

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger I meant "What is it, 55 degrees there". Implying that 55 degrees was hot for yall. Sorry about the grammar i was on my phone. 
    It's hot for us, that's about it yes.