Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving LBGE to a Table

Options
just built a table and am almost ready for the move. Any advice on moving it out of the nest and to the table?  Also, anyone want to buy a large nest in KC?

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    You need a pot lifter sir

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    If your interested in one, I can help you out....

XLBGE 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I opened the egg, took all the guts out, opened the bottom vent,  stuck my hand through the vent and pulled.  Worked fine. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Two can do it easily. I took mine apart and did it myself. I would line the hole with towels or cardboard. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Remove all of the guts. Wearing gloves, use the open bottom vent and the spring assembly as a handle. If you are a hoss, you can move it by yourself. 
  • dayzed&confused
    Options
    I did mine by myself.  took the dome off and took out all of the interior parts. In other words I moved it in chunks.
    San Angelo, texas
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Options
    If you are due to replace your gasket now would be a good time to remove the dome, relocate the base, replace gasket, reinstall bands and dome.  Easy one person job.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • ILikeBigButts
    Options
    Tell some friends you will cook them some BBQ if they help you! Win-Win!
    Large BGE | Gainesville, GA

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Depends on what you're capable of.  

Did mine by myself by just removing the guts and sliding it to place.  Placed my hand through the bottom hole.    
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Agreed with @Ilikebigbutts...  I got some high school football linemen / linebackers to stop by to help with some yardwork and paid them with some cash and pulled pork.....  Cheap and eager labor.  They ask me every year if I want to move it again!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    Sounds like 2 can do it without taking it apart. It came assembled and I don't want to mess with anything if I don't have to. Thanks
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I opened the egg, took all the guts out, opened the bottom vent,  stuck my hand through the vent and pulled.  Worked fine. 
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you then put it into the table with your hand in the vent? With what do you grasp the egg while lowering into the table hole?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Wrap a few tight layers of Glad stretch wrap around the Egg. It will give you some needed grip and protect it when you are moving it. It will also hold the dome and base shut after you take out the guts. It really helps.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jwc6160
    Options
    Great ideas. Off topic, does anyone know of a Kansas City Facebook page for eggers or another venue to sell something?  I am having no luck on Craigslist trying to sell my nest. It came as a package and is only a couple weeks old. I wish I would have been able to buy a used one, but apparently I am the only one. 

Thanks again. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Great ideas. Off topic, does anyone know of a Kansas City Facebook page for eggers or another venue to sell something?  I am having no luck on Craigslist trying to sell my nest. It came as a package and is only a couple weeks old. I wish I would have been able to buy a used one, but apparently I am the only one. 

Thanks again. 
    Take it apart so you can ship it and sell it on Ebay.
    If I was closer I would buy it.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jwc6160
    Options
    That's probably what I will end up doing. Trying to not have to ship it. Thanks
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you then put it into the table with your hand in the vent? With what do you grasp the egg while lowering into the table hole?
    Lid is open and you are reaching inside with your hand sticking out the vent. Then have other person hold hinge assembly. 

Little Rock, AR

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    jwc6160 said:

Thanks again. 
    Take it apart so you can ship it and sell it on Ebay.
    If I was closer I would buy it.lol
    Turn that best into a rolling beer cooler!  Bend those arms to hold a cooler and you're all set with beverages to go!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!