Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Tub Rib Steak

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 9:07AM in EggHead Forum
In my 4th attempt at this technique, I used the thickest steak so far and cooked on a grate down in the fire box. This was without a doubt the best. The cook time was about 4 or 5 minutes. The internal was 120* and climbed to 126* during resting. Click any picture for a larger view.[p]
[p]Happy Easter
~thirdeye~

[p]

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    thirdeye,
    Looks great, how thick was it? -RP

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    AZRP,[p]Three fingers thick, or 2"+[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    thirdeye,[p]You hot tub w/ the plastic on or off? Looked like on from the pict. If on, have you ever tried off?[p]JJ
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    JJ,[p]It's in a vacuum bag, seasonings were put on first. A zipper bag will work too. The vacuum one just sinks better w/o air. Never tried without a bag. I've only done several steaks and one batch of lamb chops this way.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    thirdeye,[p]I'll have to try my next one in a bag. I did it w/o for the last one (my 1st trex cook).[p]Still learning and practicing. [p]Cheers,[p]JJ
    ·