Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rexed a few Dry Aged Rib-eyes!

Options
Bigfoot
Bigfoot Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW! [p]The T-Rex method strikes again! I picked up some very nice 2" thick dry aged Rib-Eyes. Every time I T-Rex a steak, I think it can not get any better that the last time. EVERY time I am corrected. THANKS egg people![p]The Prep
DSC01510.jpg[p]The Temp
DSC01513.jpg[p]The Inferno
DSC01514.jpg[p]The yumminess
DSC01518.jpg[p]

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    That sure looks good! We had brisket and pork butt for the weekend, and oh yeah, a sack of boiled crawfish with corn, mushrooms, garlic cloves, potatoes, and onions all in the boil. I nearly OD'd.
    I'm ready for a big juicy steak!

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    Love mud bug season. Had a few of these myself this weekend. When I first moved to Mississippi back in the 70's I wouldn't eat them, cause I had used them for fish bait all my life. Those fish are pretty smart creatures.
    Bob

• ronbeaux,[p]Do you ever visit Kelly's Meats over in New Roads? Do you have any recomendations for good specialty meat shops in the area. We are in Slidell and travel to Baton Rouge a lot.

• ronbeaux
    Options
    BOBF,
    Oh yeah! Try Bergeron's in Port Allen exit 151 then north 2 miles on right. Or Benoit's in Brusly taking Hwy 1 on the west side of Mississippi river on I-10 and going south about 6 miles on the left. Both are very good and have jerky, boudin, smoked or not smoked, hog head cheese, custom cut meats as well as stuffed pork chops, chicken, turducken, etc. There is also Chris's Quality Meats here in Zachary.

• ronbeaux
    Thanks for the leads my friend. I am always looking for new places. Love to explore. There are just too many good places around to have to settle for second best. I love to cook with a good andouille and often have to buy supplies for relatives in other states.

• ronbeaux
    Options
    BOBF,
    I hear ya. The Father in law only bought one sack for 11 people so I cooked an 8 pound butt starting at 6 PM Saturday night. Brought it with us to the boil on Sunday with some hoagie rolls so everybody got full. $80.00 for ONE SACK!! 47 pounds! Highway robbery I say.