Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football Season Almost Here - college or pro?

Options

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I'm in a completely different boat her with college football....

My Alma Mater has had a rather crappy couple of seasons....  Brother @SGH can attest since they are a bit north of him...

College - Southern Miss - my Alma Mater  & then UGA (dad went there, it was my first collegiate game ever attended - a sellout with Herschel running the ball

Pro - don't really care, except I've got friends in the league, so I have to pull for them when they are playing - Lions & Rams from the last 2 drafts

Hockey - whoever is on, practiced with the Mississippi Sea Wolves back in the 90's; that was fun!

NBA - meh

College Basketball - gotta go Memphis since my old college roommate is their Athletic Trainer

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Jort overalls are the native garb to a strange breed of white-trash commonly found in close proximity to Florida Universities :)  
    What was this kid doing in a bar?  Can an 18yr old get in a bar without a fake ID?  
    He has a lot of growing up to do.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    @YukonRon I believe Strong is gonna be great. We lost a lot of starters and we are being told to be patient.(hmmm ) all in all I think it's going to be a tough start but heading in the right direction
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^ Funny
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Football - Fantasy only. 

Was a NY Jets season ticket holder for 24 years and dumped them this year :).  IMO they are killing the commercials every other play.  Watching a game at home is ok so you can at least go grab a beer go to the bathroom during a commercial but at a game its brutal with all the stoppages.

College is fun - Notre Dame.

The real sport for me now is Hockey.  Awesome game and you never know when something will happen.  Plus my youngest kid (7) plays travel ice hockey and that takes up most of my time now.

Garnerville, NY
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - This is a very sad situation in so many ways. Thank you for the update. I understand he is young, but he is not that young to know the difference. Totally DA move by him. I wonder if he will be charged with anything? 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @NPHuskerFL - This is a very sad situation in so many ways. Thank you for the update. I understand he is young, but he is not that young to know the difference. Totally DA move by him. I wonder if he will be charged with anything? 
    He will be charged and he should have learned that lesson long before 18.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @RiverDoc - When he was at Louisville he built both character and depth to a program that survived on the fringe of NCAA accountability. He left, they brought Petrino back and he bringing in the players kicked off of other teams, back to the old times.

I liked him as the DC at Florida and South Carolina. I was hoping UK would have hired him instead of Joker Phillips, but it did not happen. Huge mistake and set UK back 10 years.

BTW the ^^^^^^funny was meant to be directed at the comment about Jerry Jones bringing the FSU QB to Dallas. My quote thing is not working, and it hit under yours.

Don't worry about who is leaving, Coach Strong is a no BS type coach. I appreciate that.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I cannot defend what that QB did in anyway.  But to be honest, drunk girl seemed to be getting mouthy about him squeezing in past her and she started flailing her arms and tried to hit him.

No excuse for what he did at all, but, um, don't poke the bear.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Legume said:
    I cannot defend what that QB did in anyway.  But to be honest, drunk girl seemed to be getting mouthy about him squeezing in past her and she started flailing her arms and tried to hit him.

No excuse for what he did at all, but, um, don't poke the bear.
    I agree...it is hard to tell exactly what happened but it seems like she threw the first punch.  He definitely should have just walked away and but the girl is not without fault.  If he gets charged with battery/assault then the girl should get charged as well.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    I wonder what got her so worked up to begin with? Was it because he had a sense of entitlement, and thought she was not deserving of her space at the bar,  as he pushed on by her, causing her to get mouthy, trying to stand up for herself? Maybe when he grabbed her and was hurting her, she felt the need to try to protect herself and fought back? Hard to say, but a strong physical guy clocking a woman, is the final result. Only one walked away bleeding, and it wasn't him.
    I dunno, if it was my daughter, I would see it her way. If he were my son, I would find it hard to justify, I think.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @YukonRon watching it it would appear he bumps her, she raises her hand, he grabs her arm, defending herself slaps him to be released, he pauses a moment & then he lays down a wallop that appears might have made her nose bleed, he walks away and not ONE person steps in to stop it or to check on her. 
    As natural as it was too him my personal belief is this was not the first woman he hit. Just the first he got caught on camera. He's only "sorry" because now the Noles don't want him and the likely criminal charges to follow. They (Noles) don't need another Winston like QB with personal issues distracting from their team. He made a poor "CHOICE" & will have to pay the consequences which for him could cost him career wise. I don't buy the "he was provoked" statement. If he's that easily provoked he has no business playing for anybody anywhere.  "Mr. Football" pfft :nuh_uh: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    Options
    You guys are speaking with too much logic, reason and personal accountability.....very few in the younger generations subscribe to this school of thought.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Simple rule: If you are a college athlete, only hit you opponent!  Otherwise, with cameras everywhere and in everyone's pocket, you are going to get screwed!

And 19 in a bar?  Been there, done that.  Done stupid things that I'm glad were not in today's electronic times; but

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• TMCCGator
    TMCCGator Posts: 27
    Options
    Go Gators!!!  Been a tough couple years of offensive ineptitude.  Looking forward to Coach Mac and his re-building plan.
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • RollTideRob
    RollTideRob Posts: 139
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Could care less about the nfl. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

A tarheel making fun of the best coach in the country? That's rich. How's that academic scandal working out for you?
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Randall_Lee
    Randall_Lee Posts: 158
    Options
    @YukonRon watching it it would appear he bumps her, she raises her hand, he grabs her arm, defending herself slaps him to be released, he pauses a moment & then he lays down a wallop that appears might have made her nose bleed, he walks away and not ONE person steps in to stop it or to check on her. 
    As natural as it was too him my personal belief is this was not the first woman he hit. Just the first he got caught on camera. He's only "sorry" because now the Noles don't want him and the likely criminal charges to follow. They (Noles) don't need another Winston like QB with personal issues distracting from their team. He made a poor "CHOICE" & will have to pay the consequences which for him could cost him career wise. I don't buy the "he was provoked" statement. If he's that easily provoked he has no business playing for anybody anywhere.  "Mr. Football" pfft :nuh_uh: 

You guys are speaking with too much logic, reason and personal accountability.....very few in the younger generations subscribe to this school of thought.
    I've been a Nole fan for close to 40 years but the last thing we need now on a road back to the great days is someone like this. Winston pushed the limit but this isn't right. Glad the canned him.
    Niceville, Fl
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Could care less about the nfl. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

A tarheel making fun of the best coach in the country? That's rich. How's that academic scandal working out for you?
    Haha.. I knew I'd get a rise out of someone!  Nice come back too! Classy for sure, or wait... Rich is the term.  I wasn't judging his ability at all.  If I had to say, he's not the top, personally, in the top tier for sure though.  

The scandal?  It's pretty good actually... The report that came out mentioned Roy WIlliams once, and that was to say they interviewed him.  Football is already climbing out of their hole and have new light.  

You must have butt sore still from Urban Meyer and the Buckeye's beat down on the Tide.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Followed closely by my FF team:  Cap'n Crunch.

Flint, Michigan
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @GATraveller Very true, false sense of entitlement, no personal accountability

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options

GO GATORS!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

"I think I broke his freaking neck!"

https://youtu.be/lGjEZIZQIIk

Flint, Michigan
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Great, great movie! Liked Brian's Song too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Oakland Raiders and USC Trojans

Hopefully the Raiders call LA home soon!!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Kentucky Wildcats of course and the Atlanta Falcons!  Always been an underdog guy until roundball season!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Kentucky Wildcats of course and the Atlanta Falcons!  Always been an underdog guy until roundball season!
    This could be the year. Maybe, just maybe.......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    We can only hope @YukonRon!  Just maybe...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm not a Wildcat fan but, here's a oldie for the Fans. (Different Wildcats but, close enough) :wink: 

https://youtu.be/1CfnKEYAbyo

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2015
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I wonder what got her so worked up to begin with? Was it because he had a sense of entitlement, and thought she was not deserving of her space at the bar,  as he pushed on by her, causing her to get mouthy, trying to stand up for herself? Maybe when he grabbed her and was hurting her, she felt the need to try to protect herself and fought back? Hard to say, but a strong physical guy clocking a woman, is the final result. Only one walked away bleeding, and it wasn't him.
    I dunno, if it was my daughter, I would see it her way. If he were my son, I would find it hard to justify, I think.
    That's speculation/fantasy.  Entitlement?  The legal system will work it out.  His lawyer said she uttered racial epithets, who knows what really happened.  He shouldn't have hit her even though she threw a punch.