Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum is back!!!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    System said:
    System said:
    So should we all Flag this System guy...

Yes, flag me. Nothing bad will happen to you...

I promise...
    I wont believe a word you say until you post a cook, for all I know you could be SGH or Nola

Haha. I work at Vanilla Forums, and I don't actually have an egg (please don't hurt me!). I just discovered BBQing though, so maybe one is in my future!
    You need to get an Egg soon. You will love it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • System
    System Posts: 9
    Options
    Legume said:
    sometimes we have questions, you should post your email and phone numbers here so we can reach you

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Hey! What happened to the 'Report Forum Abuse' button?

Nice
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Hey! What happened to the 'Report Forum Abuse' button?
    I found it. :rofl: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    500 said:
    Cool. I'm able to post from my Palm Pilot. 

Now that's funny!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @system - is there any way you can disable the "comment approval" function?  As far as we can tell, there are no mods here and when this happens the comment is lost forever.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    They didn't trick me, I still didn't get any work done while the forum was down !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @System Hope to see you buy an BGE and creep over here to the dark side. :naughty: 

Totally unrelated subject. What criteria causes a thread to be 86'd?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @System What criteria causes a thread to be 86'd?
    I'm still puzzled why the Creepy Colonel Sanders thread got axed.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Test
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Woohoo
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    And, looking good from my Blackberry!  
    Did you post this in 2003 and it just showed up?? Just kiddin ;)
    Just wanting to see if anyone picked up on that... HAhaha... 

However, I did love my Blackberry when I had one.  The keyboard was smooth and I could probably type faster and more accurately with it over my Note 4.  
    I actually never had a BB.  My first couple of smartphones had physical keyboards and I could type pretty fast on those.  I have had iphones for years and I still can't type for $hit on it.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I had BB's before they were phones.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Legume said:
    I had BB's before they were phones.
    That has been a while.... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Do I have permission to post yet?  Where are my posts from yesterday?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    So there are no admins and someone from Vanilla is running the upgrade on the forum? Is the mothership just not paying attention over here?
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited July 2015
    Options
    works now.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I wonder if the Forum glitch is connected to the NYSE and American Airline glitch?

New Albany, Ohio 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    keyboards and I could type pretty fast on those.  I have had iphones for years and I still can't type for $hit on it.  
    Agreed. I miss my BBs - for all of their shortcomings on the personal use side, they are still the best device for pure email handling and typing. Nothing I have seen can compare to a BB keyboard. Too bad they sucked at everything else, especially marketing.

BBs had NFC for years before iPhones and they were working on an Apple Pay/keyless hotel entry type solution but they never marketed it properly to industry or consumers. Same for several other technologies they introduced. Apple and Samsung saw the potential and incorporated them but, more importantly, marketed the features and had great success. This is why BB is dying.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • System
    System Posts: 9
    Options
    So there are no admins and someone from Vanilla is running the upgrade on the forum? Is the mothership just not paying attention over here?

We host the forums and have always performed the technical side of upgrades and maintenance. Usually just silently in the background!

There are definitely still people from BGE in charge of the forum :) 
  • Jackh
    Jackh Posts: 109
    Options
    Post from IPad
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @HoustonEgger big brother is always watching....
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    That is true, and listening to your phone conversations, and social media posts.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    500 said:
    That is true, and listening to your phone conversations, and social media posts.
    Just collecting meta-data...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker