Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

INSPIRATION FOR A TUESDAY…

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
INSPIRATION FOR A TUESDAY… “You can't have everything. Where would you put it?” - Steven Wright
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

Options
    To clarify this post; I have been looking up and posting quotes that inspire and motivate me, and posting them on Facebook and LinkedIn, since October, 2014.  I've decided to post them here as well.  If y'all think these posts are too off topic, I will gladly not share them from now on.  If you want to continue seeing them, I will gladly share more; one new one every Tuesday.

Member since 2009
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    No, keep it up!  Love Steven Wright.  "I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
    edited July 2015
    Options
     INSPIRATION FOR A TUESDAY… Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness. - Dan Millman
    Member since 2009
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    The proof of love is in the works.  Where love exists, it works great things.  But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.   - Gregory the Great

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    "Fat, drunk and stupid, is no way to go through life."
    - Dean Wormer, Faber College
    "uh - oh."
     - me
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This is for @THEBuckeye :

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    -Yogi Berra
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    This is for @THEBuckeye :

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    -Yogi Berra

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.   John Wayne
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    edited July 2015
    Options
    im going to buy a boat, do a little traveling, and im going to be drinking BEER...John Welsh- lottery winner =)  to me that means...do the things you would do if you won the lottery
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    “There’s nothing wrong with revenge – it’s the best way to get even!”

Archie Bunker

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    In order to be The Man, first you have got to beat the man.  Rick "Nature Boy" Flair. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    As they did unto me, so have I did unto them. Might Sampson. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Where ever you go, there you are. A drunk hippy I encountered in the 70's. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Get a haircut and a real job.  I don't remember who said it, but I assure you it wasn't a democrat. The get a job part rules that out ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    Get a haircut and a real job.  I don't remember who said it, but I assure you it wasn't a democrat. The get a job part rules that out ;)
    Get a haircut and get a real job.
    Clean your act up and don't be a slob.
    Get it together like your big brother Bob.
    Just get a haircut and get a real job!
    George Thorogood
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    George Thorogood
    I actually have the song on iTunes. Just seemed like a good time to take a free shot at the dumbocrats. I couldn't resist brother Stone. 

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    George Thorogood
    I actually have the song on iTunes. Just seemed like a good time to take a free shot at the dumbocrats. I couldn't resist brother Stone. 
    It's easy for me to remember.  I'm not the big brother, but my name is Bob.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    "Mind if I do a J"   - Jeffrey Lebowski

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see."

- Ronald Reagan

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”
    George Carlin

Love this thread

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    When all is said and done, there's always more said than done.
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • SGH
    Options
    "There's no place like home".  Dorothy. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    "The rich ruleth over the poor and the borrower is slave to the lender". King Solomon

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake

W. C. Fields

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2015
    Options
    500 said:
    To clarify this post; I have been looking up and posting quotes that inspire and motivate me, and posting them on Facebook and LinkedIn, since October, 2014.  I've decided to post them here as well.  If y'all think these posts are too off topic, I will gladly not share them from now on.  If you want to continue seeing them, I will gladly share more; one new one every Tuesday.

@500 : I'm wondering if this turned out the way you envisioned . . . :|

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    "For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve life please press 3."
    - Alice Kahn
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I use this one all the time....

Two can keep a secret if one is dead ~ Ben Franklin
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
    Options
    500 said:

@500 : I'm wondering if this turned out the way you envisioned . . . :|

Not exactly, but people here are apparently "inspired" and "motivated" in their own way. 
    Member since 2009
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    ^^^which leads us to
    my favorite (movie) quote from (Lethal Weapon)
    "Fu@@ em if they can't take a joke". 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.