Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seaside FL on the 4th with the Mini-Max

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't know why people buy the grill lighter fluid.  I can get a gallon of 93 octane gasoline for less than the quart bottle of grocery store wuss lighter fluid and it soaks in less so my food doesn't taste like a wal-mart bbq commercial - it tastes more like a NASCAR bbq.  Nice addition, Mickey.
    Options
    Did a good clean burn then cleaned Egg. All seems fine. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Why why why would you put lighter fluid in an egg.  I hate that guy. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Why why why would you put lighter fluid in an egg.  I hate that guy. 
    Bad dealers. Pure basic should be given, most people do not read instructions. The big problem is ( I would bet) 70% of the salespeople do not have a clue. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• raginrapids
    Options
    Would definitely not have an egg at a rental house, especially not one where lighter fluid is stored :)
    Nashville, TN
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Would definitely not have an egg at a rental house, especially not one where lighter fluid is stored :)
    Singing to the choir my friend. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    My max is coming to lake Chelan here in WA state in a few days. Look forward to the fun cookouts.
    Seattle, WA
  • slantback37
    slantback37 Posts: 135
    Options
    My next door neighbor won a small Egg. All he uses is lighter fluid in it. I told him how to use a egg. Even offered him $50.00 for it.
    I live in Duluth, Minnesota
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Made it to the lake and knocked out 6 pizzas tonight. Only thing is the footprint. Since the damn thing is so heavy I put the bowl,ring,platesetter and woo in another bag so doubles the car storage footprint. Pizzas turned out awesome used mini stone on bottom of the woo and platesesetter on grid . Worth the work.
    Seattle, WA
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Nice. We will be in Alys beach for a week in September. No egg though. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA