Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football Season Almost Here - college or pro?

Options

Comments

• Randall_Lee
    Randall_Lee Posts: 158
    Options
    GO NOLES!!!!
    Niceville, Fl
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Nothing beats college football !

1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    College - ND
    Pro - Eagles
    NBA - none
    Hockey - none
    MLB - Tigers and the Sillies
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I like both excuses to drink and cook
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lit said:
    UK football has always given me reasons to drink. I think I am the only ardent UK football fan in this basketball mad commonwealth.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    College - Alabama Crimson Tide.
    Pro - Oakland Raiders. 
    Nascar - Quit watching after Dale Earnhardt Sr. got killed. 
    MLB - Atlanta Braves.
    Now that we have a minor league team here in Biloxi, I enjoy watching the Biloxi Shuckers. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    Pro - Oakland Raiders. 
    MLB - Atlanta Braves.
    Now that we have a minor league team here in Biloxi, I enjoy watching the Biloxi Shuckers. 
    I had the opportunity to meet "The Real 3" back in Norcross, Georgia many years ago. We actually painted his cars for a product expo. Cool dude off the track, TOTAL MF, on it. Great man for the racing. All I know about NASCAR, you could put in a thimble and have plenty of room for a blue whale.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    SGH said:
    Pro - Oakland Raiders. 
    MLB - Atlanta Braves.
    RCR racing is 10 min from my house. Those were the days when he drove the 3. Loved senior and miss his style and swagger. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options

YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    UK football has always given me reasons to drink. I think I am the only ardent UK football fan in this basketball mad commonwealth.
    A little like Duke fans until recently.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options

YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    Yeah, but they got it done. Dammit.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I had the opportunity to meet "The Real 3" back in Norcross, Georgia many years ago. We actually painted his cars for a product expo. Cool dude off the track, TOTAL MF, on it. Great man for the racing. All I know about NASCAR, you could put in a thimble and have plenty of room for a blue whale.
    Awesome story brother Yukon. I actually got to speak with him several times at Talladega, Charlotte and Bristol. He was a my kind of person. 

RCR racing is 10 min from my house. Those were the days when he drove the 3. Loved senior and miss his style and swagger. 
    I miss watching him race as well. It just ain't the same now that he is gone. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    Yeah, but they got it done. Dammit.
    The football program has actually stepped up their game too, however before it was I pull for Duke in basketball and Notre Dame for football, or some SEC school. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    MIZZOU  TIGERS      KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    College- University of Michigan Fighting Harbaugh's

Pro- Da Bears!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Awesome story brother Yukon. I actually got to speak with him several times at Talladega, Charlotte and Bristol. He was a my kind of person. 

I miss watching him race as well. It just ain't the same now that he is gone

We tested our stuff on his car for adhesion properties. Cars going 200 mph + throwing debris, very small back on the front of cars going 200 MPH+ creats some extremely high psi impact numbers. If it stuck to the car after that, we knew we going in the direction.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Game!!!!!     COCKS!!!!!!!
    Man its going to be a tough year.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    scmoose said:
    Game!!!!!     COCKS!!!!!!!
    Man its going to be a tough year.
    2 things:
    1) never count Spurrier out.
    2) refer to #1
    USC WILL BE AIIIGHT!
    trust me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    GO NOLES!!!!
    Heard the Super Frosh QB was dismissed? Not trying to be an ass, but what happened?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    I've been coaching youth football camp for 4 weeks now( it is WAY too hot for this mess) reg practice starts in 2 weeks! Super excited as are the kids. 
    Pro- Qakland Raiders! 
    College- Texas Longhorns! 
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    I've been coaching youth football camp for 4 weeks now( it is WAY too hot for this mess) reg practice starts in 2 weeks! Super excited as are the kids. 
    Pro- Qakland Raiders! 
    College- Texas Longhorns! 
    I loved coaching. Just loved it. I miss being involved in the sport. I was the OL coach for a HS team 1 year and DC for 3.
    Also, a huge fan of coach Strong. Everywhere he goes, teams get better and tougher. How is he doing at Texas?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Saw that last night......what a dummy.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    That stuff should get you suspended for sure. He will end up somewhere else, like Louisville, where thugs and felons, seem to land after being kicked off other teams, for beating up women.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    He was already suspended indefinitely for punching another woman. If it had been Winston, Jimbo Fisher would have claimed that the woman threw her face in front of Jamais' fist. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    He was already suspended indefinitely for punching another woman. If it had been Winston, Jimbo Fisher would have claimed that the woman threw her face in front of Jamais' fist. 
    No doubt. Eventually, Karma catches up. I would like to see it for these guys, and the coaches that cover up for them.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Hawkeyes
    Texans

• YukonRon
    Options
    That is quite a shame that he hit that girl...but I think we need to focus on the more heinous crime.  WTF with the bartender in jorts overalls??? 
    I thought it odd no man stepped up to help her. That guy clocks her, and nobody did a thing about it. I may be old and broken down, but I would not stand back and watch her get beat up, and do nothing.

Jorts dude is ridiculous.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    That stuff should get you suspended for sure. He will end up somewhere else, like Louisville, where thugs and felons, seem to land after being kicked off other teams, for beating up women.

No, I think Jerry is wanting to bring him to Dallas.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX