Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football Season Almost Here - college or pro?

Options

Comments

• Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    The New York Football GIANTS! It's been a rough couple of seasons for us. For college it's definitely the Longhorns, Hook em. Now that my son is at Arkansas I guess I'll be following the HOGS. 

Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @LaidBack69 right freakin' on dude. Very cool, those people are the worst. Definitely did not get enough attention from his mother as an infant, glad you got him off the field. Nice hit and wrap. Excellent form and technique.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Chiefs fan and have been since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  It didn't hurt that my dad coached one of the Chiefs offensive lineman in college and he would come and stay at our house back in the late 60's. 

As for college, I am a Missouri Tigers fan and a Kansas State Wildcats fan.  I lived in Kansas for over 20 years so I kind of adopted KSU and I get to meet Bill Snyder in 2003 and have been a big fan ever since.  I met coach Snyder because I took care of a problem on the field when I was working security in 2003.  He sent me nice letter thanking me and a KSU football shirt.  This is what I had to take care of.  Fun hearing the crowd when I did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2mDLtcJjwQ
    Probably a good thing you didn't do that now and was televised... Someone would have been offended.  

If that was me, I'd be playing this on repeat on a TV in every room of my house.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @Ladeback69, are you the tackled or tackler?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    Options
    GO BIG ORANGE!!!
     Vols and Titans
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

College football - LSU
    Pro football - Saints
    College BB - Kentucky
    Pro BB - Pelicans

Back in the 70's, I made the travel roster for UK when we went "where dreams go to die," LSU. Getting off the bus, and going into the stadium for warm ups and practice, the students threw all kinds of garbage down on us. 
    Didn''t get to the field to start feeling the hate. One of the greatest college venues for football, LSU Tiger Stadium.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Holy crap!  Was that you with the take-down?

@Ladeback69 ?
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    He went straight up Goldberg on his azz!  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:

College football - LSU
    Pro football - Saints
    College BB - Kentucky
    Pro BB - Pelicans

Back in the 70's, I made the travel roster for UK when we went "where dreams go to die," LSU. Getting off the bus, and going into the stadium for warm ups and practice, the students threw all kinds of garbage down on us. 
    Didn''t get to the field to start feeling the hate. One of the greatest college venues for football, LSU Tiger Stadium.
    Kids.  In a redneck state.  That sadly just happens.  I caused my share of mayhem when I was a drunk college student.  More mischief than outright rudeness, but I'm not proud of some of it.  (although it was often funny).
    edited July 2015
    Options
    He went straight up Goldberg on his azz!  

Straight up Siragusa on his azz would be more accurate. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__R2dGa6qs
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    UGA.  Is there pro ball in Atlanta?  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I do enjoy pro football (Raiders forever!), but vastly prefer the collge game.
    And I do live right here at the home of the University of Oregon Ducks!
    Go Ducks!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    @Focker one of the worst things I ever had to watch in the NFL and part of the reason I stopped caring about that side of the game. I'm usually a pretty affable guy but Tony Siragusa if a fat piece of ****!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @chubbs try GA Tech and the Falcons nothing but grief from the Dawg fans, even in the odd year we beat em. 
    Try being a Kentucky football fan....there is a challenge, We have been the nail in The SEC FOR YEARS, we get hammered every weekend.
    At least you've got basketball.  Poor Vandy only has baseball and who watches college baseball? 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @chubbs try GA Tech and the Falcons nothing but grief from the Dawg fans, even in the odd year we beat em. 
    @theyolksonyou I tell all the Dawg fans that it's ok. They can have one day a year where they get to razz the boss at work.  ;)
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @Ladeback69, are you the tackled or tackler?
    Tackler.  I was about 380 at this time in my life.  I didn't know at the the time, but he wasn't wearing much underneath the streamers.  He was differently feeling the hit too.   =)
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Tackler.  I was about 380 at this time in my life.  
    I'm relieved to hear that you were the tackler. You planted him pretty good too!! Awesome job on controlling the riff raff.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Would be very interesting to see what your wording was to search for this picture.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    Options
    SGH said:
    Tackler.  I was about 380 at this time in my life.  
    I'm relieved to hear that you were the tackler. You planted him pretty good too!! Awesome job on controlling the riff raff.  
    Good form!  Only problem is guy rolled over like he kinda liked it (or he was trying in vain to breath again).

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    College- who cares? The only thing good about college football is tailgating on a Saturday.

Pro- I hate myself, so guess...
  • GATraveller
    Options
    College- who cares? The only thing good about college football is tailgating on a Saturday.

Bills?

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I LOVE football season. The golf course and lake are both empty. Throw deer season in the mix and my son and I golf 18 holes and never see another golfer. Or fish all weekend and never see another boat.

Falcons and UGA if you had a gun to my head.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options

Bills?
    Or Redskins...
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Would be very interesting to see what your wording was to search for this picture.  
    Let's just say I'll never be able to run for public office.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    Options
    Pro - NY Jets
    College - Penn St
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    They play football on Sunday? Well I'll be.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I hear you man. Wife is a dawg fan. Gamecocks have to put up with Clemson fans! Clemson will likely beat us this year so it will be even worse
    Go Tech.  Daughter is at UGA.  She is still eating crow from last year's game.  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Milton, GA.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Could care less about the nfl. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    What is that forehead protrusion?
    Milton, GA.