Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic topper

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Cracked... Shattered mine today. I don't really want a smokeware. If any has an extra for sale let me know. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Gorilla Glue, or J-B Weld will take care of that little problem.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    henapple said:
    Cracked... Shattered mine today. 
    That just sucks Uncle Apple. Sorry to hear it. 

Legume said:
    PM me your address, you can have mine.
    That is mighty kind of you brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Moment of weakness @SGH

back to sarcastic smartass tomorrow.
  • Ill send you one. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    A PBR oh sh!t moment???   :o

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SGH
    edited July 2015
    Legume said:
    Moment of weakness @SGH

It happens to even the best of us at times ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Look at the Austin peeps representing today! 
  • SGH
    Ill send you one. 
    That's mighty fine of you too brother Tex. There are truly some great people on this forum. 

Status- Standing by.

• And BTW- the gen2 smokeware caps are badass. I've been cooking in them all weekend. Hated the first, totally sold on the new one. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I'm in the queue with @bud812... Inquiring and adult beverage laden minds want to know.. :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple said:
    Cracked... Shattered mine today. I don't really want a smokeware. If any has an extra for sale let me know. 

Done the same before. Mine used to get caught in the top of my cover when I would take off. Was able to get a replacement at my local hardware store for around $30.00. Here is a tip for you: Get a replacement gasket seal and put around the chimney cap. Save extra for the next time that you need to replace your gasket. The ceramic cap will fit nice and tight.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
    500 Posts: 3,177
    edited July 2015
    Busted mine when it stuck, frozen to the cover, long enough to release and shatter on the deck after I removed the cover.  Been running it rednecked together since winter. Embarrassing. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • I have 2 that I don't need  pm me your address and I'll send you one. Assuming legume is sending tony his, I have one more for anyone who needs it. 
  • SGH
    I have 2 that I don't need  pm me your address and I'll send you one. 
    How to I get on your mailing list to receive free cooking related products ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    I have 2 that I don't need  pm me your address and I'll send you one. 
    How to I get on your mailing list to receive free cooking related products ;)
    If you can think of a toy you don't already have and i do, I'll send it to you. Pretty sure I'm safe here. 
  • lousubcap
    @SGH- @Cen_Tex_Smoker just acquired a couple of the Smokeware caps.  Good $hit happens when you are a Level 7+ brisketter connoisseur  and famous.  You are next in the queue for such promotion.  Of course @cazzy may have a vote.  Go USA!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    I have 2 that I don't need  pm me your address and I'll send you one. Assuming legume is sending tony his, I have one more for anyone who needs it. 
    Very generous offer.  Humbled by the generosity.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Legume said:
    PM me your address, you can have mine.
    This is what the BGE community is all about!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • 500 said:
    I have 2 that I don't need  pm me your address and I'll send you one. Assuming legume is sending tony his, I have one more for anyone who needs it. 
    Very generous offer.  Humbled by the generosity.
    No big deal. Just pass it along to someone else when you have an opportunity. 
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    If you can think of a toy you don't already have and i do, I'll send it to you. Pretty sure I'm safe here. 
    Thank you for the generous offer brother Tex. But I was just messing with you my friend. I'm bored to death and stuck in the house due to weather today. It's flooding at both of my places. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited July 2015
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Thank you for the generous offer brother Tex. But I was just messing with you my friend. I'm bored to death and stuck in the house due to weather today. It's flooding at both of my places. 
    I know you were. bummer about the weather. We've had perfect weather this weekend. Cool evenings and mornings, low 90's and sunny in the afternoons. Very un-Texas like for this time of year but I'll take it! Been a great week for the eggs too. 2 briskets and Turkey for 20 on Thursday night and Friday monring, Ribs and Copper RiverSalmon yesterday, and 20lbs of bacon smoking on 3 levels of my new AR right now. Headed down to the pool to cruise the forum and sip away the afternoon until the soccer game/Nascar Race starts. Life is good at casa Centex this weekend. And on vacation next week and again 2 weeks after that. I've been humping it for 6 months with no real time off. I have 3 weeks of vacation left for the rest of the year and I'm going to use every day of it.

• henapple said:

Done the same before. Mine used to get caught in the top of my cover when I would take off. Was able to get a replacement at my local hardware store for around $30.00. Here is a tip for you: Get a replacement gasket seal and put around the chimney cap. Save extra for the next time that you need to replace your gasket. The ceramic cap will fit nice and tight.
    I put the gasket inside the cap. I didn't like the way my daisy wheel worked when the gasket was on the chimney. I'm always tweaking the daisy when I cook and it was stuck on there in one spot when the gasket was on the chimney.

• lousubcap
    Go USA!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    So, you want the cap @henapple ?  I never use it, it's just sitting in a box.
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Looks similar to my "former" ceramic top.  I noticed the new one's actually have a larger, better spaced knob for grabbing......The former short small knob was the reason I dropped mine in a similar spot as you did.  I miss that thing but can't get myself to pull the trigger on a new one.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ahh just git togetha a big wad o gun cotton and shove dat sucker in da top like dis (bang!)....
    That sucks. Bet it's happened to more of us than not. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Legume said:
    So, you want the cap @henapple ?  I never use it, it's just sitting in a box.
    Thanks 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Cool of the good peeps here to offer a replacement.  I am amazed mine are both in one piece.  

What is the 2 x for on the nest?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.