Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Tracking said someone should get there's today. I can't lie...it's killing me that I can't tell who that person is. Now I just hope they like what I sent.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @theyolksonyou glad everything made it ok. Hope you enjoy it! As you can tell I'm more of a rub person then sauce. I use the plowboys on chicken and the blues hog on about everything else I sauce. The elixirs I have never tried but the names got me so had to toss them in.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Tracking said someone should get there's today. I can't lie...it's killing me that I can't tell who that person is. Now I just hope they like what I sent.
    Holy hell!  @badinfluence !  It just arrived!  You hooked a brother up!  Way over the top!  The only thing I've ever used is the plow boys and that's one of the family favorites. Been wanting to try blues hog for a long time, but can't find locally. The rest I've never heard of. 

The elixers are absolutely hilarious. 

A briner and bear paws, too!  Awesome job man. 

Alas, no spare egg, but I understand the shipping thing is prohibitive.  =)

On to the pics. 

Thank you again, Larry and once again thanks to @cazzy awesome job by both. 

I love seeing Plow Boys on here.  Great KC rub.  The food is goodoing at the restaurant,  but I think the rubs and sauces are better when I use them.  The Blues Hog is good stuff too and even better mixed with the vinegar based too.  It taste better when put on the meat when is on the grill.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Who else got something today?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW!  Nice haul.  What's the Texas plate thingy?
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    The family went to Costco (bad decision) this morning to only take back some pants that I bought, and ended up buying a mattress (Novafoam 14" memory foam) and pillows (Bamboo pillows).  Dang you Costco!  Plus the crazy Costco people were out today.  

So everyday this week, I have looked directly at the porch to see if a box is there.  No go, until today.  I was pretty excited.  

Get in the house and head directly out to get the package.  Noticed the return address that belong to the man that orgainzed this shin dig, @cazzy !  I got really excited then.  I noticed the weight of the box on the shipping label and indicated 28lbs!  Wow!

I get the package in and start looking around and there was stuff everywhere, literally.  I bet I unpacked stuff for 30 mins.  My wife jokingly felt me up thinking I had major chubb because of this package.  Crazy and unbelievable gifts from Cazzy and I appreciate it man.  I actually thought I knew who my Elfster was, but I was fooled, majorly!  I originally thought it was @badinfluence .   

A couple things that almost felt like he has my house bugged or something.  I told my wife I wanted a nice rub shaker.  Well, Caz sent one.  Told the wife when I was slicing the brisket I done for fathers day I wanted a Dexter knife (so I can be like Caz and Aaron).  Well, Caz sent one of those too!  

The shear number of rubs, sauces, and other items simply blew me (and my wife away).  I cannot thank you enough, Caz!  Also thanks for heading the Elfster exchange too. 

1 - The haul!

2 - I loved this tin!  

Man cazzy that's a rock star package. I guess that why your the head man in charge of this thing. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • cazzy
    Options
    The family went to Costco (bad decision) this morning to only take back some pants that I bought, and ended up buying a mattress (Novafoam 14" memory foam) and pillows (Bamboo pillows).  Dang you Costco!  Plus the crazy Costco people were out today.  

So everyday this week, I have looked directly at the porch to see if a box is there.  No go, until today.  I was pretty excited.  

Get in the house and head directly out to get the package.  Noticed the return address that belong to the man that orgainzed this shin dig, @cazzy !  I got really excited then.  I noticed the weight of the box on the shipping label and indicated 28lbs!  Wow!

I get the package in and start looking around and there was stuff everywhere, literally.  I bet I unpacked stuff for 30 mins.  My wife jokingly felt me up thinking I had major chubb because of this package.  Crazy and unbelievable gifts from Cazzy and I appreciate it man.  I actually thought I knew who my Elfster was, but I was fooled, majorly!  I originally thought it was @badinfluence .   

A couple things that almost felt like he has my house bugged or something.  I told my wife I wanted a nice rub shaker.  Well, Caz sent one.  Told the wife when I was slicing the brisket I done for fathers day I wanted a Dexter knife (so I can be like Caz and Aaron).  Well, Caz sent one of those too!  

The shear number of rubs, sauces, and other items simply blew me (and my wife away).  I cannot thank you enough, Caz!  Also thanks for heading the Elfster exchange too. 

1 - The haul!

2 - I loved this tin!  

Glad you liked it man!  I actually looked at your recent brisket cook and wasn't impressed with the cut on your presentation pic.  I just noticed it was a lil uneven like you were fighting the knife through.  At that point, I took a gamble and figured you didn't get one yet.

In regards to the shaker, it is great with fine rubs and good with medium coarse rubs.  The Oakridge Rubs are obviously perfect for it.  

Enjoy man and hit me via text w/ any questions.
  • cazzy
    Options

1 - The haul!

2 - I loved this tin!  

Oh and the Julio's Chips are awesome.  @Mickey can attest to that.  I wanted to get you Julio's Seasoning, but they were out so the chips were a plan B.  We prefer eating them with guacamole or queso.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @theyolksonyou , it just had a bunch of male sex toys. Caz said they were his favorite,  but I dunno about all that jazz. 

Nah, really,  it had the big bags of TexasBBQrub.Com rubs in it, but I loved the tin. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Cool tin. As long as it fits under the bed, you're good. 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I love Julio's!! When I trucked to Laredo I always stocked up on Julio's, HEB Texas Pecan Coffee, and HEB Honey Peanut Butter.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @theyolksonyou , it just had a bunch of male sex toys. Caz said they were his favorite,  but I dunno about all that jazz. 

Nah, really,  it had the big bags of TexasBBQrub.Com rubs in it, but I loved the tin. 
    That salt lick rub is great but may want to go conservative wth it. It will light you up huh @cazzy ?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzy
    Options
    Chubbs said:

That salt lick rub is great but may want to go conservative wth it. It will light you up huh @cazzy ?
    I agree...it has a lil back end kick and should be used in moderation.  
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well done cazzy. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    Thanks @nolenut19 for the package. Can't wait to get into the Pecan and Honey jar. The red eye express will go on my next beef cook for sure. Thanks for the letter and tips on how you use everything. Happy 4th of July fellow Eggheads. Thanks @cazzy for putting this together. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • cazzy
    Options
    Please message me if you fall into the following category:

1. You have not received your care package.

2. You draw (include name in PM to me) has not posted a picture of your care package.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    My elbow is sore unwrapping all that stuff...
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    Options
    My elbow is sore unwrapping all that stuff...
    LOL.  Especially from the two double bagged sauces.  :tongue: 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options

Well I got hooked up in a major way!!!!! I mentioned I wouldn't mind trying meat church so he sent me the whole lineup!  Besides that I got a ton of great sauces and a salt block.  I don't know how you knew I would love one but thanks so much.  I'm so excited that I don't even know what I want to try first.  Guys I know this isn't a competition but I'm pretty sure I won! @ctmike is the man.  I don't know if I'll have to participate next year because I'll still be using all of this! 
    Paaaaleeasse.... Bye Felicia! The one spot is taken already. No new sheriff in this town. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Proser said:
    Just got back in town from a long holiday weekend and had my package from @JohnInCarolina  what a lucky guy I am. He sent all kinds of local rubs and sauces and even include a " special" meet finishing sauce. Can't wait to try them 

Following  this thread has really impressed upon me how generous people can be to strangers that happen to like to cook on that green thing in the backyard

@cazzy thanks so much for setting this up
    Glad you like it man, and that everything arrived in one piece!  And yeah, I may have interpreted "sauce" a little liberally!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Good looking stuff @JohnInCarolina. Many of those items I have never seen. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Good looking stuff @JohnInCarolina. Many of those items I have never seen. 
    Me too honestly.  One of the cool things about this exchange is getting out there and finding all this local stuff you never knew about.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I agree completely.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    @Grillin_beers,

I'm glad you are happy with what I sent. Enjoy. 

Mike
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Package arrived today from @scgirlinoh. Awesome selection of NC and SC products, as well as instructions on how to make the boiled peanuts. Looking forward to trying some of this stuff out, especially the Carolina mustard style sauces. Thanks for the awesome selection. 

I'm also looking forward to trying the peach chunks on some chicken. 

Thanks to @cazzy for setting this up. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.