Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New "Cabinet" for My Large BGE

Options
2»

Comments

• EggHeadDad
    EggHeadDad Posts: 66
    Options

How do you like your Festools?
    I love them. This project allowed me crack open a lot of cases.
  • MrMike
    MrMike Posts: 10
    Options
    awesome table! How big of a hole for the Egg?
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options
    One of the nicest ever!!!  One question since you have put so much thought, time and love into yours.  Did you consider using louvers in the back behind the Egg to create air flow to dissipate heat build up?  Does anyone out there have a feel for any need for this?  I'm not too concerned from a safety standpoint, but that's a damn nice unit...  I am in the planning stage for my XL, but have never enclosed the lower portion my three previous tables/kitchen.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• EggHeadDad
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MrMike said:
    awesome table! How big of a hole for the Egg?
    Thanks @MrMike.  The hole is 21 3/4".  I originally had it only 21" and determined it was too tight.  I opened it up an additional 3/4" yesterday before cooking on its inaugural cook.

• EggHeadDad
    Options

MediumRarely said:

Did you consider using louvers in the back behind the Egg to create air flow to dissipate heat build up? 
    Thanks @MediumRarely I did think about adding  something for heat dissipation.  I watched it yesterday during a rib cook but my internal temperature was only 225 to 250 degrees.  I have an old probe that I might mount temporarily in the upper back corner to see how warm it gets on hot cooks.  I'm counting on most of the heat coming out around the opening in the top.

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    That is really a work of art.  Just Wow.
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options

MediumRarely said:

Did you consider using louvers in the back behind the Egg to create air flow to dissipate heat build up? 
    Thanks @MediumRarely I did think about adding  something for heat dissipation.  I watched it yesterday during a rib cook but my internal temperature was only 225 to 250 degrees.  I have an old probe that I might mount temporarily in the upper back corner to see how warm it gets on hot cooks.  I'm counting on most of the heat coming out around the opening in the top.

Thanks for the feedback - I think I'll follow your lead.  It will definitely make mine easier (poured concrete probably).  BTW can't say it enough - BEAUTIFUL

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• browntw79
    browntw79 Posts: 16
    Options

@MediumRarely -  I posted more about the build today (accidentally under my other persona (@browntw79).  I'll let you know what I find temp wise.

Link:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1783350
    Tom 
    Springfield, VA
    Egghead Since 2010