Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 51st 4th of July Celebration.

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Well we had a smaller party this year, but has a great time and a great ice cream cake to celebrate a day early for my birthday.  I smoked a couple slabs of baby back and did burgers on the grill.  Sorry I didn't have time to get any photos of the burgers and other food.  To busy cooking.  The fireworks were great to, even though we had fewer ones this year.  The ribs were a hit nothing left.  Cake was great too.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Happy birthday!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    That's a party!  Happy birthday brother!
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Happy birthday, Man them ribs look great! 
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Looks good.  I missed fireworks this year, will have to make up for it next year.  

Happy Bday!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Totally cool birthday party! 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Just had my 57th. Born on the 4th. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Happy Birthday sir
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Congrats on completing another lap of the sun.  And I'm surprised your user name isn't UncleSam...: Great looking ribs, BTW.
    :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a great time and some great grub too. Happy Birthday brother. Wish you many more to come my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Happy Birthday.. That cake looks off the charts..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Well, I'm a firecracker too! It was my 71st BD on the 4th!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Happy birthday!  My son shares this date, it was his 23rd. 
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    RRP said:
    YukonRon said:
    Well, I'm a firecracker too! It was my 71st BD on the 4th!
    Happy 4th my friend, let's do that again!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Happy Birthday ... may all three of you have many, many more.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Happy birthday to all. The food looks great, especially that cake like others have already said. Nicely Done!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes.  Today is my actual birthday, but we always seem to celebrate it on the forth.  Today I am just chilling and taking care of my wife who has the flu.  Grandpa just picked up or son to take him for the night.  I hope I don't get what she has.  It's not been fun for her today, I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Happy birthday @YukonRon and @RRP.  I hope your birthdays were as good as mine was last night to celebrate.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes.  Today is my actual birthday, but we always seem to celebrate it on the forth.  Today I am just chilling and taking care of my wife who has the flu.  Grandpa just picked up or son to take him for the night.  I hope I don't get what she has.  It's not been fun for her today, I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Happy birthday @YukonRon and @RRP.  I hope your birthdays were as good as mine was last night to celebrate.
    I think I kind of did. I had friends family and my extended circle of both on here. How it gets better than that I have no idea.
    hope your wife gets to feeling better soon, and enjoy this day too!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Gesh a lot of people bumping uglys in early October I guess.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Oh and happy birthday
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I can't help but think of how cool it would be to have a birthday on or near the 4th of July. I'd hate to be a Christmas baby though. 

Happy Birthday guys. @Ladeback69, so does that make you 52 years old today? 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I can't help but think of how cool it would be to have a birthday on or near the 4th of July. I'd hate to be a Christmas baby though. 

Happy Birthday guys. @Ladeback69, so does that make you 52 years old today? 
    No, I turned 51 on the 5th.  By the way, my father in laws birthday is December 29th.  That would suck, but he makes the best of it and we always get him stuff for both Christmas and his birthday.  It is nice having a birthday about halfway from Christmas and as @YukonRon and @RRP can tell you not everyone celebrates their birthday with fireworks like we can.  

Kansas City, Mo.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
     It is nice having a birthday about halfway from Christmas and as @YukonRon and @RRP can tell you not everyone celebrates their birthday with fireworks like we can.  
    yeah...I was 29 before someone told me the country wasn't celebrating my birthday! And then the next year I was told about Santa Claus! Man - that was a rough couple years! =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    RRP said:
     It is nice having a birthday about halfway from Christmas and as @YukonRon and @RRP can tell you not everyone celebrates their birthday with fireworks like we can.  
    yeah...I was 29 before someone told me the country wasn't celebrating my birthday! And then the next year I was told about Santa Claus! Man - that was a rough couple years! =)
    It is great having the 4th as a birthday, everybody is celebrating. I think that is the most pleasing aspect of having a summer holiday birthday. Everybody wins. That is cool. The fireworks were over the top this year in our neighbor hood, non stop, full on big sky blasts for about 4 hours. Awesome day!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @LaidBack hope your wife is feeling better.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You guys are just young' ns! My mom was also born on the 4th... In 1916!!! Yep, she just celebrated her 99th! She says as long as she made it this far, she'd really like to see 100. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    Options
    You guys are just young' ns! My mom was also born on the 4th... In 1916!!! Yep, she just celebrated her 99th! She says as long as she made it this far, she'd really like to see 100. :)
    That would be very cool! I bet she has some great stories over the years....she has lived to see some of the greatest events in world history. What a unique treasure. I know you are proud, and rightly so my friend.
    Best wishes for your mother.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    That would be very cool! I bet she has some great stories over the years....she has lived to see some of the greatest events in world history. What a unique treasure. I know you are proud, and rightly so my friend.
    Best wishes for your mother.

Agreed, that is awesome.  Next year is going to be a very large milestone.  I hope you get to celebrate with her and man story time at your house has to be pretty fun.  My mom is 81 and she has some great story's I still like to hear and so does my 6 year old.

Happy Birthday to your mom @Carolina Q.  So that makes you up there with @RRP in age?

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    And then the next year I was told about Santa Claus! 
    Hey, what happened to Santa Clause? Hope all is well because I'm expecting big things for Christmas ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ladeback69 said:
    Happy Birthday to your mom @Carolina Q.  So that makes you up there with @RRP in age?

Nah, Ron's an old fart, 73 I think. I've still got a few years to go. :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut