Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's not a table, but I like it

Options
As promised, here are a couple of pictures of the outdoor kitchen I just finished. I know you all won't like the gasser, but we throw some big parties where we need to cook a lot of hot dogs and burgers in a short amount of time. Plus, I don't trust anyone around my egg but me. The gasser is easier for my wife and kid to use when I'm not around. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang nice setup!  Super jelly! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    I have a gasser for pretty much the same reason, for just a few dogs or burgers for a quick dinner the gasser works just fine...  The Egg really doesn't shine down in that range (IMO) anyhow.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Really nice setup. Jealous. I am not in the house I will be in long term so I hesitate to do anything that nice right now. I am sure it would increase the value quite a bit but just going to be a flagstone patio for me in my near future. Great craftsmanship!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Great looking.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    very nice!  where do you keep the medium egg?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I am stealing inspiration from this. Plan for the fall is an outdoor kitchen and trust me, there will be a gasser for all the same reasons you posted. No judgement here. Love the stone. Will you tree picture (sorry, not sure what else to call it) get ruined from continual smoke from the Egg?

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Jonespnh
    Jonespnh Posts: 5
    Options
    No medium, just the XL...it gives me plenty of space for the stuff I cook. Got some ribs going on shortly!
    We have ceiling fans that tend to suck the smoke away from the wall and the tree picture. My wife made that picture and there are about 15 coats of poly on it. When everything gets dirty, we just unleash the pressure washer on it. That's the beauty of all the stone: easy clean up.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Jonespnh said:
    No medium, just the XL...
    That's what you say now. ;)

My bad, I was looking at the pictures and kept going through tarheelmatt's signature and thought you had two eggs.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Bad to the bone.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I love that!  Are the counter tops pour concrete? I'm a few months away from something similar. 
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options

It is absolutely gorgeous!!  I don't know about the part about not letting your wife near the egg though.  You never know what she might come up with :)

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    "Click"... Really niiice

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Awesome setup!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Very nice!
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I like it a lot.   I see the open roofline.  Does the smoke get dispersed out quickly or does it hang like a smog cloud? 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Harmening
    Harmening Posts: 35
    Options
    I envy you.  Nice job.
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    Very nice
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Good times to be had around that set up. Congrats. Enjoy. 
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Whoa -- WAY cool!  I love it!  Gorgeous set up!
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Awesome set up!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Love it. Great job! Would love a set up like that. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Absolutely knock-dead gorgeous!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Wow that is incredible!! Great setup I like to use the gasser for quick weeknight cooks

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Elde said:
    I have a gasser for pretty much the same reason, for just a few dogs or burgers for a quick dinner the gasser works just fine...  The Egg really doesn't shine down in that range (IMO) anyhow.
    Uhh,  that would be wrong.  I have fired up my XL for just a single dog.  I have also used the Weber chimney I use to start the egg for the same purpose. Just throw in a bit of lump, a piece of paper and a match(or lighter). 
  • EggNashville
    EggNashville Posts: 243
    Options
    "Let me know what you think."

LOL!

Awesome set up, enjoy!!
  • ProductPoet
    Options
    Love it. How is the heat below the BGE given you don't have it on a table nest? I've found that when I don't have the BGE on a table nest I don't seem to get as much as circulation. Otherwise, it looks awesome. I too have a gasser, but I mainly use it to store by BGE accessories. Ha! Take that Jenn-Air.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • Jonespnh
    Jonespnh Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great comments!!!
    I'll try to answer all the questions one by one...
    The countertops, as well as all the stone, is native bluestone from right here in the Catskill Mountains. There is a stone dock right down the street and they cut the stone to my specs. The front of the counter and the short section of the backsplash are stones from an old stone wall that I had cut square on the back. The stone on the wall is quarry rubble that we picked piece by piece from a quarry on my buddy's mountain. Man was that a **** to hang! Nobody asked, but the two end lights are bullet headlights off a WW II era school bus that has been sitting in the woods by our hunting camp since 1956. Almost lost an eye trying to carefully cut them off. They don't make steel like they used to. The other lights are blue mason jars that I wired up and hung from some old copper pipe I had laying around.

The smoke rolls out the edges of the roof. We never have any smoke problems sitting inside. Actually, at the other end of the roof we have a outdoor wood stove. That gives off a lot more smoke than the egg and unless it goes out, we still don't have any smoke problems.

The egg is sitting on three pieces of inch and a half bluestone. Never had problems with circulation. I cook low and slow and fire pizzas at around 700 degrees and everything has been fine so far.

Oh...my wife has no desire to learn how to use the egg. She is quite content waiting for the good stuff I create to come off it!