Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib(s) advice

Options
Hey Guys
I'm going to cook some ribs tomorrow for the 4th.  Its been a while since I've cooked ribs.  i wanted some advice on how to cook them.  I read a couple past post about a 2-2-1 method.  I'm looking for something simple.  I will be doing a dry rub.   

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Simple you ask, it doesn't get any easier than this: 275 temp, leave them on for 4.5 hours. At 4.5 hrs if your saucing them this is the time, 15 -20 minutes, done.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Baby backs? Or spares? Or St. Louis cut?  If you 2-2-1 baby backs they will typically fall of the bone - which is wonderful for some - others consider that a little overcooked. Add about 30 minutes for St Louis cut - and another 30 for spares. 

So yeah, to answer your question - 2-2-1 is a great and simple way to start with ribs. Over time many here gravitate to going without the foil eventually. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• 3Mdawg41
    3Mdawg41 Posts: 27
    Options
    @SoCalTim ....I am assuming this is indirect?  Do you use foil or leaving on the racks?
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Indirect, no foil ... no spritzing ...run it straight thru
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    indirect 250-275 I use apple chunks for smoke 1.5 hours 1.5 foil with brown sugar and butter then take out of foil keep juices put back on egg and finish and baste with fluid from foil and giddy up its go time
    Large egg panhandle of florida