Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot Access with KCBS

Options
2»

Comments

• RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    Update:  Restaurant Depot is amazing! If you are a foodie, you will be overwhelmed. Picked up 2 bags of charcoal, 22 pounds of pork shoulder for .99 a pound, and a 12 pound choice packer for 3.14 a pound. The meat room is cold! Wrapped my 2 year old and my wife in one of the free jackets. 

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• RaleighGuy
    Options
    For some reason can't post pics from my iPhone. 

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Hotch said:
    buzd504 said:
    blasting said:
    It does seem like they are anxious to bend their own rules.  The lady that helped me was willing to issue off a business card.  I just gave her my company checkbook.  It's my understanding that the card is for life.

I think the reason they require a business license is because they don't charge sales tax - they assume everything is going to be resold and sold on the back end.

So, really, you as the buyer (end user) are actually (technically) responsible for the sales tax (in the same way you are responsible for declaring and paying sales tax for what you buy on the internet).

I always tell them it is taxable and pay the sales tax. Since the account is tied back to me, I don't want the State Tax guy to come knocking on my door.

You won't win a sales tax audit in Texas.

That's a wise move @Hotch.  I just got my KCBS membership to take advantage of RD and will do the same.  In PA and I would guess various other states, there is no sales tax on unprepared foods, but for knives, foil pans, and other necessities, PA would tax.  It's better to just pay it.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • RaleighGuy
    Options
    In NC, they collected sales tax. Here, you have to pay tax unless you have a resellers license

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Ah man we need one in Toronto. 
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I am going to check it out tomorrow, and hopefully pick up a packer for Saturday. Will follow up. 
    Good luck. Don't recall seeing packers at the RD in Buffalo a few weeks ago, just flats. Although, as others have said, it is very cold in that part of the store; which may have influenced how hard I looked. Plus, I suppose each store could be different.
    I've shopped in 3 different RD stores (Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Wilmington) and all have had piles of packer briskets. They had Choice, Certified Angus, and Select grades and all at very good prices.  These could be purchased individually or by the case.  They will usually special order you any cut of meat if you want something that they don't usually carry.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    beatarmy said:
    I've got a KCBS membership and have gone mutlitple times.  Never once have they asked to see any proof, they just issue me a day pass and off I go.  Love the options of briskets and ribs.  WIsh there was a better way to purchase steaks besides a box of way too many.
    Our RD stores all carry individual cryovac packages of Rib Eye and NY sirloin and you can cut your own steaks very easily.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Shiff said:
    Thanks for all the responses! I am going to check it out tomorrow, and hopefully pick up a packer for Saturday. Will follow up. 
    Good luck. Don't recall seeing packers at the RD in Buffalo a few weeks ago, just flats. Although, as others have said, it is very cold in that part of the store; which may have influenced how hard I looked. Plus, I suppose each store could be different.
    I've shopped in 3 different RD stores (Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Wilmington) and all have had piles of packer briskets. They had Choice, Certified Angus, and Select grades and all at very good prices.  These could be purchased individually or by the case.  They will usually special order you any cut of meat if you want something that they don't usually carry.
    Good to know. That Buffalo store (the closest one to me) is a couple of hours away. Not really worth a "day" trip for me to shop at regularly. There are also import exemptions that vary when bringing goods from the States back into Canada. If you're out of Canada less than 24 hrs. the exemption is zero.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I can assure you if they sell  in the state of Georgia the sales tax must be paid at the point of sale unless the buyer presents a tax exemption form with their state tax id.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

I haven't been to RD in a while, but your prices are even a little better then my last trip there.  The place is great especially if you have a big party to cook for.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    No issues here in S FL going in with KCBS. I printed the instructions from the KCBS site to help them process the pass.

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com