Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chicken wings direct or indirect?

WingnutWingnut Posts: 26
edited 12:43PM in EggHead Forum
getting ready to cook wings for the fist time on my egg which way do i go and what temp?
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    wings2.jpg
    <p />wingnut,
    I go direct at 225-250. Renders the fat out better.[p]Mike

·
  • WingnutWingnut Posts: 26
    Car Wash Mike,
    how do you get your grate that high and were did you get the second level?

·
    wings2.jpg
    <p />wingnut ,
    I have direct and indirect. I still think those were direct. That is a extender. Very helpful.
    My pics are showing up for me. You saw it once, what about now?[p]Mike

·
  • WingnutWingnut Posts: 26
    Car Wash Mike,
    yes i can see it. is the extender the top rack or is it what raises the grill?

·
    wingnut,
    The extender goes on top of the orginal grid. Look under accessories on this site.[p]Mike

·
    wingnut,
    After further reveiw. Those were done with a platesetter in feet up.
    Hope I don't get penalized 15 ABT's by the REF.[p]Mike

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    wingnut,
    I always do them elevated, direct about 250-300 flipping and basting every 15-20 minutes until they look and feel right. No one has died yet.[p]Here's a link if you're interested. I love wings.[p]Happy Easter!
    Mike

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2004/messages/152447.htm[/ul]
    ·
  • wingnut,[p]I just did a batch of wings cooked over a direct fire at 300.[p]Took about 20 minutes to cook, 4 to eat. Now I'm getting ready to cook some more.[p]Almost forget - Half the wings are is spicy, half are sweet.[p][p]Monica
    ·