Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Little Beef Tenderloin Before Dave Matthews Band

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,027
My buddy and I had the day off today so he said he was coming over with steak before the Dave Matthews Band concert tonight. My friend says, "If we're going to party like kings tonignt we need to eat like kings". Who was I going to argue with when he's buying steak. =) Especially beef tenderloin. I had some fresh picked asparagus to accompany the steak. T-Rex style with the steak.  Unbelievably tender. Good eats! 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    great shot of the steak there, nice cook.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the concert.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Good eats never looked so good!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Great meal preceding what will be a great show. Enjoy the evening!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @Legume Thanks! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @Hawg Fan Your too nice!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @Scottborasjr Thank you!  Evening was enjoyed!

Minnesota
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Sliced pic is amazing, I think I'll be getting steak for tonight.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Piling on after the fact here, but yeah, that looks awesome! I'm sure DMB was great as well; gotta love some Dave.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Parkersquared
    Options
    Saw them a few weeks ago. Great show. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Hell yeah!  Perfectly executed.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    Options
    Thanks! @Black_Badger!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Parkersquared It was super cool to see them jam for 4 hours. I was hoping to hear more of their older stuff. The encore was absolutely terrible. They closed with Sister and Belly Belly Nice. It kind ruined the overall feeling of the show for me. Cool to see Tim Reynolds and Rashawn Ross still touring with the band though 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @Focker Thanks man!

Minnesota
  • Parkersquared
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    @Parkersquared It was super cool to see them jam for 4 hours. I was hoping to hear more of their older stuff. The encore was absolutely terrible. They closed with Sister and Belly Belly Nice. It kind ruined the overall feeling of the show for me. Cool to see Tim Reynolds and Rashawn Ross still touring with the band though 
    they closed with sister and ants marching for us.  i was pleased with the setlist this time, we saw them 2 years ago and the setlist was terrible.   We had emmy lou harris at ours for a few songs so that was cool.    
    Wiggins, MS
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @Parkersquared I'm far from the hard core Dave Matthews fan but they are my all time favorite band. This was only my 4th show. This was my least favorite show but they still rocked it. Boyd played his ass off with a couple cool solo parts of songs. There were 5-6 songs I would have switched out especially with two of them being the encore! I'm still not sure about his new songs Black and Blue Bird/Virginia In The Rain but cool the more I think about it seeing it live. Overall I definitely got my money's worth. Not too many other bands that will put on a show together as a "band". Good times

Minnesota