Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High end rotomolded cooler deal.

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    How do they compare to Pelican Scottie?  And do they come in Rebel Flag colors :fearful: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    How do they compare to Pelican Scottie?  And do they come in Rebel Flag colors :fearful: 
    Brother Husker if you are asking about the RTI coolers, I honestly don't know. I have never seen one in person. But they look great on the website and they have the best warranty that I know of. Also the price and 90 day return policy kind of made it a no brainer to me. If you are asking about the Orcas, they are top notch coolers. As of late they have gotton pricey so I prefer Pelican over Orca for this reason along with Pelicans latches. I called RTI and spoke to John (said he was the owner) and basically got the impression that the RTI coolers are a Yeti clone with a 1/2 inch more insulation all the way around. For the price I'm willing to try them. As far as the Confederate Flag colors, sadly I don't think anyone will be offering this as a option any longer. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Scottie I thought Pelican's had a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the cooler. 
    http://www.pelican.com/warranty/
    Not sure about the latches though. 
    Just joshin on the Rebel Flag colors (although I'm positive they would sell out quick). 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wasn't really any commentment so what's the loss. 
    My thoughts exactly my friend.  
    +1. I just hope they don't try to hit me up for a $100 shipping charge 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Ok roodie and 45 reserved. I always thought of my self as a leader. I believe this forum is transforming me into follower:-) with a lot of cool crap. Thanks Scotty!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    I was told that shipping is 2 days and free of charge.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    I love it brother!! I may have to buy a Yeti after all!!

Status- Standing by.

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Ya'll better act fast on the decals.  :s
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @SGH Screw Dat!  They have em for 65qt Pelican. But, I have a 45qt. :pensive: May have to get one of those too. :wink: 
    Or get it for a Yeti with close to the same dimensions. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just reserved 2 tan 65s. Thanks @SGH for your personal and unequivocal seal of approval on these!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    12,000 people are following them on Facebook if that makes anyone feel better

XLBGE 
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just reserved 2 tan 65s. Thanks @SGH for your personal and unequivocal seal of approval on these!!!
    Let me be clear my friend. I have never seen one of these in real life so I can not speak for the quality of them. But with that said, after reading about them, speaking to the company owner, taking price, warranty and test trial period into consideration, I feel that they are a good deal. I feel confident enough that I have reserved 3 myself. I shared the link for others to look at and see if they were interested in them as well. With all that said, I have never seen any rotomolded cooler that was junk. Of the ones that I have saw; Pelican, Canyon, True Blue, Orca, K2, Yeti, Ice Hole, Engel, Grizzly, Brute/Bison and Igloo, they all have been solid. I'm counting on RTI following suite. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    SGH said:
    I was told that shipping is 2 days and free of charge.  
    Sweet!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    12,000 people are following them on Facebook if that makes anyone feel better
    No not really. :tongue: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    Good one brother^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm certainly tempted despite not needing another high end cooler.

I will point out that a 7 year warranty is only good if the company is still in business and is willing to honor it 7 years out.  My knowledge about all these companies is essentially zero so I'm not suggesting anything negative, just making a business point.

I have some high end luggage with a lifetime warranty that just failed.  But, when I tried to claim the warranty, I found out the company had been cleansed through the bankruptcy courts and my "lifetime" warranty was now dead.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    cssmd27 said:
    I'm certainly tempted despite not needing another high end cooler.

I will point out that a 7 year warranty is only good if the company is still in business and is willing to honor it 7 years out.  My knowledge about all these companies is essentially zero so I'm not suggesting anything negative, just making a business point.

I have some high end luggage with a lifetime warranty that just failed.  But, when I tried to claim the warranty, I found out the company had been cleansed through the bankruptcy courts and my "lifetime" warranty was now dead.
    I'm really just being a tird, and that applies to any company. BGE could go bottom up tomorow and we're all screwed. Don't have any connection to this company. 

XLBGE 
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    Just reserved a 20. I buy something crazy that I don't really need every time I get on this site..... A cooler, an extra thermapen (just because they are on sale again), a SRF brisket, etc.

@SGH Did you tell John at RTIC about this thread?
  • SGH
    Options
    Just reserved a 20. I buy something crazy that I don't really need every time I get on this site..... A cooler, an extra thermapen (just because they are on sale again), a SRF brisket, etc.

I sure did. He is the one that suggested that I should post the phone number and encourage folks to call him if they had questions or concerns. He seemed real down to earth. 

Status- Standing by.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @SGH, based solely on your solid analysis and unequivocal endorsement, I have just taken the majority of my retirement savings and made a significant financial investment in this company! Wish me luck, if there's a big payoff I'll treat the entire BGE forum community to a lobster dinner!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I just reserved 50 coolers of each size! If the price goes up considerably on these things like SGH has said ... I will easily double my money! Great investment IMO! 
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options

XLBGE 
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH, if there's a big payoff I'll treat the entire BGE forum community to a lobster dinner!
    Im going to hold you to it brother of the North^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    And I'm certainly looking forward to some lobsters!!!!!

Status- Standing by.

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Prices on all these kinds of coolers are gonna keep coming down. Yeti had a good run. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options

Psst @Hairless_Hand... the Thermowork Dots are on sale for one week ... great price at only $29.95 ... @anton did a review on it last year ... http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1174003/thermoworks-dot-alarm-thermometer-full-review/p1

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Prices on all these kinds of coolers are gonna keep coming down. Yeti had a good run. 
    Hoping to unload all mine before that happens. Shhhh!!!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • SGH
    edited July 2015
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I sure hope that you are correct. However there are now numerous manufactures of rotomolded coolers and Yeti hasn't blinked yet. I want a Yeti 420 so bad that I can taste it. I'm just not willing to give them 1,400 bucks for it though. If it falls below 1,000 bucks I'm all over it.

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @SGH ... buy a 420 and tell the missus it's a prepaid coffin ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max