Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any of you Egghead / Deadheads planning cooks for the weekend? Gonna....

............get the Pay Per View all three nights. Gonna cook up some wings Friday, Pork Collar on Saturday. Serching for a good Sunday cook still!  Watch you got on the egg for the shows?
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I had a change of plans and am going to cook a couple slabs of babyback ribs on Friday.  Couple of ribeyes for Sunday and not sure what for Saturday yet.
    I subscribed to XM when I got my new car so I'll have the shows playing on my patio and drinking a fine selection of beers.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Fortunate enough to have a ticket to Sunday's show. No cook for me but I hope they're cooking for about 5 hours Sunday night!
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Caveman ribeyes tomorrow night, then the crowd moves in.  Low country boil Friday night, pulled pork with too many sides to recount Saturday and about 100 wings on Sunday.  Watching USA women's soccer grudge match with Japan Sunday evening.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTrey
    I was just talking to a friend of mine tonight and we were discussing what other musicians will show up and play with them this weekend.  Bruce Hornsby? 
    Steve 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I will probably buy at least one show - I assume they're sold separately?

would love to DVR them - any chance they're releasing set lists ahead?
  • YEMTrey
    edited July 2015
    I'm sure they'll probably release videos of the shows at some point in the future.  Having said that, I'm still waiting/hoping for videos of the Allman Brothers final run at the Beacon last fall!  So who knows.
    Steve 

• OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    I'm cooking a 9.5# pork butt for some pull pork with some baked mac and cheese and squash patties.
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Hornsby played the 2 shows last weekend in Cali and he will be at all three this weekend. I bet they'll be some other sit ins though....
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YEMTrey said:
    I was just talking to a friend of mine tonight and we were discussing what other musicians will show up and play with them this weekend.  Bruce Hornsby? 
    Hornseby is part of this band....I been thinking (hoping) Donna Jean would show up.

• Getting the webcast on Friday night and smoking 3-2-1 spare ribs on the egg! They should be ready just in time for the second set! Been looking forward to this all week. 
    Charlotte, NC
  • Legume said:

The set lists for both SC shows leaked ahead of time. 
    Charlotte, NC
  • northGAcock

Wanasmoke said:
    Fortunate enough to have a ticket to Sunday's show. No cook for me but I hope they're cooking for about 5 hours Sunday night!
    Man..... enjoy the show. They said that no one who wanted to attend the Santa Clara shows failed to get in....perhaps try to catch another if you can. If I recall from an earlier post, your wife was slowing you down (for good reasons)? I'll have one for you here. My dautgher go married last weekend....so I am in the poor house....or would have made the trip.

• Any opener calls? I like:

Friday - Bertha
    Saturday - Jack Straw 
    Sunday - The Music Never Stopped 
    Charlotte, NC
  • northGAcock
    Legume said:

Yes they are sold separately. I believe you can DVR a program you have paid for....but that is a good question. Will do the same if they don't technically block it. I have not heard of any set list leaks...but have not followed this too closely. Coming off of a busy weekend with daughters wedding. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2015
    I'll be watching the shows on PPV up at the lake this weekend.  Sad news is I have to cook on a gasser.  Can't wait!!  Enjoy!!

Openers:
    Friday - Shakedown Street
    Saturday - Feel Like a Stranger
    Saturday - Me and My Uncle

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Y'all are not **** dead heads. To do the authentic lot experience you have to cook falalfel burgers, tofu or hot dogs pilfered from the corner quicky mart. No self respecting hippy is having ribs or pulled pork in the lot.
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    beteez said:
    Y'all are not **** dead heads. To do the authentic lot experience you have to cook falalfel burgers, tofu or hot dogs pilfered from the corner quicky mart. No self respecting hippy is having ribs or pulled pork in the lot.
    Real heads are having kind veggie burritos.  It was always hard to find the falafel guys at the midwest shows.

Sunday opener:  Last Time.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Real heads will be booming so hard they won't have an appetite.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Quite true.  Post show :-)
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    edited July 2015
    Sirius will play the shows audio live on the grateful dead channel. 

http://www.siriusxm.com/gratefuldead

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• beteez
    If you have dish you can get the sirius stream
  • northGAcock
    Legume said:

I believe you can DVR a program you have paid for....but that is a good question. 
    I called my provider (ATT Uverse regarding the ability to record. They can be recorded but ATT will sweep them clean 24 - to 48 hours later.....so you will only have them for a short period of time. Not sure about other carriers policies.

• beteez
    If you buy Nugs.net will allow you to watch on demand for a month
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:

http://www.setlist.fm 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Saw every show they played at Alpine Valley...sad that I couldn't make it back for the Chicago shows...

Have a great show!
  • Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Wanasmoke said:
    Hornsby played the 2 shows last weekend in Cali and he will be at all three this weekend. I bet they'll be some other sit ins though....
    Dang....I've been a Hornsby fan since the 1980's.  I've seen him 4 times but not in recent years.   

Saturday, I'm cooking 20 lbs of wings and flank steak for steak tacos.  My daughter his home for a few days from grad school in Rochester NY.  I seriously want to make her favorite meals while she's here.
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • northGAcock
    Going with:

Tonight - Feels Like a Stranger
    Saturday - The Wheel
    Sunday - Touch of Grey

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Ribs, wings, and watching the webcast tonight. Flying to Chicago tomorrow morning. I have Sunday tix, but will definitely be looking for tomorrow night when I get there. Absolutely having a kind veggie burrito or a grilled cheese on Shakedown St. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    I'm debating wether or not to go to our local drive in on Sunday. They're showing a simulcast of the final concert of the weekend. It should be a pretty cool seen. 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Settling in for the show, listening on sirrius/xm dead channel. Brisket for the 4th goes on after the show. Enjoy the weekend fellow Deadheads, 3 days of booze, food and Dead.