Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Egg...

Options
I know someone that is looking to get rid of their mini Egg. There are looking for $250 (only been used a hand full of times) but I feel like that may be a little to much. Was thinking of offering $200...

I believe it is the older model that needs a new fire ring for the plate setter to work. 

Thanks!

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Start at $200 ... with a ceiling of $225, if he say's no and decide you really want it ... bite the bullet and pay it.

$250 is a great deal for a rarely used mini.

By the way, a platesetter is not the way to go, you'll want to update to a Woo AND it can be used with the old style fire ring.

But it!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    If you know the guy well, and he's the original owner, ask him to get a warranty replacement for the fire ring as well. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Going to cost about $65 for the new type hinge. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.