Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : Posting Privaledges

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
Does anyone know how long it takes a new member to be able to post after registering?

I know one coming on who has registered, but still can't post after a couple of days.

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    Options
    It took me a week (and an email to support (rob.damico@biggreenegg)) to get able to post.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Does anyone know how long it takes a new member to be able to post after registering?

I know one coming on who has registered, but still can't post after a couple of days.

Thanks,

Donnie

It really all depends on the current NSA case load.  :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    It took me a month, an email, and 2 phone calls.  Others it has taken 1 day.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Took me 3 different user names and some pleading on the final form. Thus the stupid user name. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Immediate for me, but I came over from the original forum when this place was first set up. Which is why there is no "Join Date" in my profile.

But perhaps TOTN has a point. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    2 weeks for me
    GWN
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Thanks folks....I'll have him send an email to the Admin gods. 

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I had to sign up twice in a month. Got approved about a week after the second sign-up.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Immediate for me too. I'm not on the terror watch list though. 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    +1 with @Carolina Q.
    I came from the original forum and it took one phone call to reset my password.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The thing you have to remember is that good things are worth waiting for. Other forums will have you registered and up and running in no time, but soon as the honeymoon is over you realize there was not much on that easy to get on site worth being there for. This place is always interesting wether you are interested in cooks or politics or religion or whatever. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    It took me a loooooong time as I remember - as in a month +.  I didn't even know who to email to ask about it.  I have no idea who the admins are for this site.  It's like a nebulous unknown.  Is this site supported by the BGE makers?

It's a very bizarre site with some very excellent posters with great information!
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Skiddymarker ....I think you got it right !!!!!

This is the best !!!

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2015
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Skiddymarker ....I think you got it right !!!!!

This is the best !!!
    Not to sound immodest, but I know I have it right. This has to be one of the top forums anywhere on any topic. I joined the Primo forum when I picked up an Oval 300. Sign up was fast, simple and easy. The Primo moderators exercise more control over the forum than the Chinese government hold over the Chinese Media. They can and do modify posts, they tolerate no suggestion that anything might be improved even when it is obvious and they simply close threads when they want. If you ask Primo a question, the thread is only open to the OP and Primo. The mods say it is to ensure qualified info is relayed, not the ramblings of some backyard mechanic. When I asked them how to tighten a clinch stud, I was told to shove a butter knife between the band and the base (this did not work as the clinch stud is actually a countersunk Phillips bolt) - talk about backyard mechanics! Hell, almost 15% of their posts are from one poster, albeit a very capable cook with great photography skills, reminded me of the skill set of Village Idiot. Can't believe I'm saying it but this place is great and it is what it is because of the folks on it.  
    Damn, think I hurt my shoulder patting my own back.....Everyone, give yourselves a hand!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Last I heard, you have issues, call or PM Henapple. He has the ropes. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.