Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MiniMax DigiQ

Options
I have been using my DigiQ with just my large so far but am wondering if BBQ Guru makes an adapter for the minimax? Does anyone know if the small adapter would work?

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Small works I've used it once.
    Seattle, WA
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    No offense, but why?
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Because you can.....if you can lock in low 200 or even sub with the digi, smoke some salmon why not? My MM also has been tricky locking in 225 but like I mentioned only one use so far. The extra door adapter is $25 or so, after you've spent $275-300 no harm there.
    Seattle, WA
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    First time posting...long time lurker.  I have the PartyQ and DigiQ that I have used on my LBGE and MM (small adapter fits).  I have done an 7-8# pork shoulder overnight using the DigiQ on my MM with great results.  I loaded up the KAB with Rockwood on the MM just below the platesetter and was able to maintain a 250º without any problems.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    First time posting...long time lurker.  I have the PartyQ and DigiQ that I have used on my LBGE and MM (small adapter fits).  I have done an 7-8# pork shoulder overnight using the DigiQ on my MM with great results.  I loaded up the KAB with Rockwood on the MM just below the platesetter and was able to maintain a 250º without any problems.
    Welcome. Sounds like you have lots to contribute. What's your longest burn time on the MM?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Welcome. Sounds like you have lots to contribute. What's your longest burn time on the MM?
    Thanks.  8 hours on the MM without the KAB.  
    I am on vacation this week and brought the MM.  I am about to start prepping a pork shoulder.  I am using the PartyQ today so I will try to grab some pictures.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • dmirish1
    dmirish1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you @biggreenrob, I was hoping someone could confirm for me the exact size that I would need to get. I wasn't sure if the small BGE had the exact same vent opening. I figured as much as the DigiQ was, I might as well try to use it on both eggs.

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax