Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loaded Tater (Just Pics)

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sexy!  :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Yes please!!
    GWN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Without saying a word you still spoke volumes with the pics. Outstanding looking grub brother stem.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Started laughing when I saw the lineup of forks ... but, then understood what you were doing ... neat.  Oh yes, porcupine potatoes.  Interesting cook.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stemc33
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I got a craving for these after @Carolina Q gave @RRP a bad time for perfectly slicing his ground burger in a thread last night. It reminded me of his technique for making these style of potatoes. His technique is a little more precise than mine. See his link below. He's got it down to a science. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1174855/a-little-hasselback-potato-cutting-trick-edited
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I got a craving for these after @Carolina Q gave @RRP a bad time for perfectly slicing his ground burger a thread last night. It reminded me of his technique for making these style of potatoes. His technique is a little more precise than mine. See his link below. He's got it down to a science. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1174855/a-little-hasselback-potato-cutting-trick-edited
    Glad you got such a kick out of my quest for perfection. In fact...I hope you pissed in your pants laughing at me!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Some top notch looking spuds!  Great job
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    ... It reminded me of his technique for making these style of potatoes. His technique is a little more precise than mine. ...
    You think he was really serious?  No one is that OCD ... or are they ... maybe I'll have to move the benchmark a little on the OCD scale.  No ... really ... he was just joshing us ... please say it's so ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stemc33
    Options
    RRP said:
    stemc33 said:
    I got a craving for these after @Carolina Q gave @RRP a bad time for perfectly slicing his ground burger a thread last night. It reminded me of his technique for making these style of potatoes. His technique is a little more precise than mine. See his link below. He's got it down to a science. 

Glad you got such a kick out of my quest for perfection. In fact...I hope you pissed in your pants laughing at me!  =)
    Not at all Ron, it made me crave a hassle-back potato. Okay...Okay. I laughed a little. But the truth is your thread showed me how to keep from slicing all the way thru the potato. I need to find another guide that allows me to cut further into the potato. Didn't have any chop sticks.

Your contributions to the forum are very much appreciated. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    ... It reminded me of his technique for making these style of potatoes. His technique is a little more precise than mine. ...
    You think he was really serious?  No one is that OCD ... or are they ... maybe I'll have to move the benchmark a little on the OCD scale.  No ... really ... he was just joshing us ... please say it's so ...
    Yep. Not sure if it's OCD, but he seems to like things to be precise. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Holy Crap! WOW
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    stemc33 said:
    Gosh...where do I start? If anybody ever reads printed recipes then you know those recipes say this much of this and that much of that and go on in great detail. Yet, when I post pictures of uniformly sliced potatoes or hamburger patties cut to achieve a uniform weight then I'm fair game to try to humiliate me and say I have this OCD problem. Guess I better take my target off as I'm too easy to slam by some of you folks.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Looks like a poisoned caterpillar... And I'd totally eat that thing 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If someone is complaining, I'll give them something to complain about.

Options
    Yes sir!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• stemc33
    Options
    If someone is complaining, I'll give them something to complain about.

I could so pull this look off for Halloween.  
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    RRP said:
    stemc33 said:
    stemc33 said:
    Gosh...where do I start? If anybody ever reads printed recipes then you know those recipes say this much of this and that much of that and go on in great detail. Yet, when I post pictures of uniformly sliced potatoes or hamburger patties cut to achieve a uniform weight then I'm fair game to try to humiliate me and say I have this OCD problem. Guess I better take my target off as I'm too easy to slam by some of you folks.
    Try not to let some bother you. I always enjoy your input. 
    Hendersonville, TN.