Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FlameBoss 200 Reveiw

Options
13»

Comments

• BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    @caliking  it sounds as if you changed where the FlameBoss goes once connected (MyFlameBoss.com) instead of assigning the units local IP manually. I'm not sure if you can configure the device IP manually, sure would help though if you could. It may be limited for now to being a DHCP client only.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    @caliking set that setting back to the default before testing at a public wifi hotspot.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @bettysnephew ... thanks.  From the Flameboss.com, it looks like the 100 and the 200 both share the same blower, probes, stand and adapter plate.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

@BearQ - it looks like the problem is with getting an IP address from the router. I tried assigning a static IP, but don't know what the MAC address of the FB is. I tried changing the server IP on the FB, just to see if it would work. Its set back to the original settings now.

I'll wait to hear back from the company, and then troubleshoot with them, to see if I can make it work for me. Thanks for your help.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    So, can you actually control the unit via your phone/browser?  Or, is it simply for monitoring a cook?
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @cssmd27 ... you can control the target pit and meat temp from a computer or your smartphone.  Watch it graph set pit temp, actual pit temp, actual meat temp, and actual fan output on your smart phone or computer.  Set it up so you get a text when the meat temp is reached.

Oh yes, have some nerd friends, then give them your cook number and they can follow the graph also.

• cssmd27
    Options
    Jeepster47 - Thanks for the answer.  I have mine all set up and going with a cook right now and can see the display on my browser.  However, I can't see how to actually control the target pit temp.  How do I go about that?  I wasn't ever asked for the second part of the code.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @cssmd27 ... go to your profile page ... then click on "Add a device" ... the rest is simply follow instructions. 

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Just got mine in today.  Same thing is happening as with @caliking.
    I need to do an all nighter this coming Thursday so I hope we can get this resolved on Monday...
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • cssmd27
    Options
    @cssmd27 ... go to your profile page ... then click on "Add a device" ... the rest is simply follow instructions. 
    Thanks.  I knew there was a simple solution, I just couldn't find it.  Worked perfectly!
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    I was able to enable my "guest network" in the router software.  It's a way for guests to have internet access without you giving them the router password.
    The guest network can also require a password and when I tried using a different password for that, the FB would not connect.  I guess I'll disable the guest network until I need to use the FB.
    I was able to get it all working in the house...hope it works on the patio now.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    for those that arent working check your wifi security settings in your router.  make sure you do not have mac address filtering turned on and most importantly make sure you are using wpa for security instead of wep