Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking With Mini

Options
I haven't fired up the Mini yet due to the crummy weather we've had in Indiana lately. Before I do, I'd like to know what the forum's opinion is on cooking with the mini (in the cradle) on a wooden deck. Would you all still put a firebrick underneath?

Comments

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RC, the mini, or MiniMax? I just remember your thread about your MM problems. When I use mine at home, I built a small table with a paver top, and it works perfect. I also cook on it a couple times a week when I'm out of town for work on an outdoor bar with a laminate counter top and even after some longer and hot cooks, it only became warm to the touch. Lots of airflow under the carrier. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    If you have it in the nest, there's plenty of air gap. I would say no need for a fire brick.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure. If you are referring to the MM, why not get a paver stone or ceramic tile for it to sit on? Less than 5 bucks, and no worries.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    @Greeno55 you're correct. I meant the Mini Max. Late night and awake early = brain lapse. 

I will probably pick up a paver. 
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    @Greeno55 you're correct. I meant the Mini Max. Late night and awake early = brain lapse. 

I will probably pick up a paver. 
    It definitely won't hurt. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario