Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Options

Comments

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Used mine yesterday to make Quesadillas with the leftover pork and beef roasts from Father's Day. Room for 4 10" and the veg/meats off to one side. I am loving this!

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That griddle looks awesome.   I want one just for making breakfasts!   No space, no time.  Some day.  :(

LBGE/Maryland
  • LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Options
    Got mine about 8 months ago. i love it. can't get a better burger than on that thing.
  • kbutler84
    kbutler84 Posts: 140
    Options
    How hot does this get?  Could it be used to sear steaks on a reverse sear?
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    Cooked a Cantonese Chow Mein style stir fry on the Blackstone tonite.  Char Shui, chicken breast, pea pods, yellow pepper, napa cabbage, bean sprouts and Cantonese noodles
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    As of June 23rd, Target has raised their price to $299.99.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    kbutler84 said:
    How hot does this get?  Could it be used to sear steaks on a reverse sear?
    @kbutler84 Yes, definitely. I did some ribeyes earlier in the thread. Great crust.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Anyone else get their griddle from Target yet?  I ordered mine Friday and it arrived today, that was quicker than I thought it would arrive!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Anyone else get their griddle from Target yet?  I ordered mine Friday and it arrived today, that was quicker than I thought it would arrive!

Mine shows to be here on Friday. Just picked up the flax seed oil to season it with. And have 3 full tanks or propane on the patio.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hotch said:

Mine shows to be here on Friday. Just picked up the flax seed oil to season it with. And have 3 full tanks or propane on the patio.
    Wow, three tanks - nice!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @Hotch you are ready!!  I'm doing breakfast daily on it. I love this thing. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Options

Look what showed up at my place.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Ordered on the 17th. Still awaiting shipping info. The cover has been shipped though...... Was hoping it was going to be here for this weekend as it is above 30 all weekend. She is hot out back on the deck on the morning. I'm getting impatient. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Hotch
    Options

The cover and accessories should be here today. Picked up flax seed oil for seasoning. Hopefully the weather holds and we are cooking this weekend.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options

This is so simple and easy to put together.

Now let the day cool down and then to season.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Just got mine seasoned......then did the onion trick per Grim.  Will give it a whirl tomorrow.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Anyone have a temp gun and give us some temp readings?  I'm curious to high temps and how even it is.  I guess you want so differences so you can push food over to side to stay warm and not burn.  Also, any diff in the SS version other than the SS?  Thanks. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hotch
    edited June 2015
    Options

Onion trick? I need to see what he did. He is the Griddle Master you know.

Found it. Looks like a busy morning tomorrow.

@4Runner I have an IR gun. That is what I was going to start off with the see what the temps are at different settings. I have read that you use either the center or one side at 350 and then the sides at about 225. But most "Cooking" is around 350.

To sear steaks you will need to go higher.

Just another learning curve. Should be fun. At least my neighbors will think so.

I thought the stainless version was just the cart part and not the flat top.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    You guys are all making me jealous. I even have a spot ready for it. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    If I'm being honest, this scene is the reason why I wanted a flat top at home.

https://youtu.be/gbdUGdxX7ww
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Another one bites the dust.  Just purchased mine from Bed Bath and Beyond using one their 20% off coupons so ends up at 239 before tax. Damn!  I thought I was done with propane. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hotch
    Options
    @cazzy I agree. There is just something about a grilled cheese connection.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    4Runner said:
    Anyone have a temp gun and give us some temp readings?  I'm curious to high temps and how even it is.  I guess you want so differences so you can push food over to side to stay warm and not burn.  Also, any diff in the SS version other than the SS?  Thanks. 

It was just under 500F when I had it ripping hot for the seasoning.

It varied from about 450-480F as I moved across the surface, but that was just oil, no food.  I'm sure the second you introduce anything with some water in it, it's going to drop the temp dramatically.  The only places I saw more of a drop was the corners.  Toward the straight edges of the grill, not too much of a drop.

I'm going to try some fried rice on it tomorrow......will probably have it on high on the two middle burners and medium-low on outer burners just to have a safe zone if stuff starts to burn.  I just have to figure out how to juggle spatulas and catch the egg in my hat.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @stlcharcoal hope you have a mini or smaller, else that's gonna hurt. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Holy cow @Hotch I've got some serious back yard envy. Very nice pool. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    What is the average weight gain in the first 30 days of ownership?
  • Hotch
    Options

@Jeremiah Thanks, but I have one more trick coming!!

New home for my Eggs and friends.

Hope to get it in before Fall.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Hotch wow. Please do a thread once you begin. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I want one, I need one.  I'll just have to buy it when my wife is out of town.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Hotch
    Options

@Thatgrimguy Well this is after the flax seed oil. Letting it cool down and then the onion burn per Mr Griddle (Thatgrimguy). How's it look? A little thin on the left edge. Hopefully a pound or two of bacon well layer it up

Hopefully I can get some shuteye I before the neighbors figure out it is ready to go.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX