Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Colster

Options

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @DoubleEgger  ... Shhh!! (between you and me, people are sheep ... seems they'll buy anything 'the other guys are buying') ... lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Beer condom. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Options
    I actually did a little thermapen test today. Regular coozie, colster and small rambler. It's hot as hell and the humidity is through the roof. The coozie was a waste of time... Lost 10 degrees in 10 minutes. The colster and rambler stayed even for an hour. Lost 1 degree. 
    I guess I like the cup.. LG... Since it holds more and fits in a cup holder. Apparently the colster does ok. It is a heavy mofo. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Foghorn.....  I wouldn't buy another. The cups work so much better. After using cans the gasket will be too large for the bottles until it recedes back. I was very disappointed in it. 
    Tony, running a case of beer thru in an hour might be excessive. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    henapple said:
    I actually did a little thermapen test today. Regular coozie, colster and small rambler. It's hot as hell and the humidity is through the roof. The coozie was a waste of time... Lost 10 degrees in 10 minutes. The colster and rambler stayed even for an hour. Lost 1 degree. 
    I guess I like the cup.. LG... Since it holds more and fits in a cup holder. Apparently the colster does ok. It is a heavy mofo. 
    10 minutes, 1 beer? I don't have that problem...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    Options
    Sheetz.... I know
  • sparky1
    sparky1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Got one love it.  Just got a yeti roadie too.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Just got my 30oz cup and freaking love this thing. No more ice melt with my whiskey drinks. I figure one 30oz should do me on an average night. :)
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    REAL beer doesn't need to be kept so cold.  
    :whistle: 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    henapple said:
    So great if it takes you an hour to drink a beer 
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I will wait to see if they come out with a wine coozie or chiller.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All I can say is that the last sip is as cold as the first no matter how long or short it takes me to finish it. I mostly brew my own and try to give it the respect it deserves...=)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I will wait to see if they come out with a wine coozie or chiller.
    My guess is it won't happen as the market is too small. Instead why not use a 20 oz? BTW I haven't had an adult beverage in a glass since I got our 20s. Just 1 large ice cube and the drink stays cold and never watered down! Can't say that about a glass!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    A yeti insulator for white wine would be awesome.
    NOLA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    It doesn't take a NASA scientist to figure out the damn thing was designed for cans.  If you drink bottles, buy the 20.

There may be situations when double wrapping is necessary, drinking a beer isn't one of them.   :o    
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    Options
    I like the bottles... from the bottle. Not really double wrapping with the condom-like approach. Just keeping the tip cool until reaching colster base level.
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    Big fan of Yeti but honestly my brew never has enough time to get hot.  Think I'll save my $30 and use a coozie from the junk drawer.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    two beers or a bomber fit nicely in the 30oz yeti and stay cold long enough to drink two beers
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I'm hearing that some have issues w bottles and slim can not fitting. You do know it comes w a sleeve to help w this??
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    The sleeve comes with the Coldster? If so, what's everyone complaining about? :s
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Yes. Mine came with the sleeve pictured. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Nice. I'll see what I can find!
    No pun intended. =)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    Yes. Mine came with the sleeve pictured. 
    Is that something new? Why hasn't this sleeve ever been brought up before now? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    I just picked mine up on Fathers Day and it had the "Fake" can in there. The guys at my dealer showed me the sleeve. 
  • HoosierDaddy
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to reply.  So far I really like it. It's works as advertised. It is difficult to know when you're at that last sip with the weight.  Mine also came with the sleeve.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I have had the Colster a couple weeks, used it tailgating for a Phillies game. Works pretty well, but I was going to see the Phillies "play" (lose), so the beers weren't going to last long anyway. While I like it, I don't see it as good as useful as the tumblers. 

And I had no idea about that sleeve. I do still have it though.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Buckeyefan
    Options
    Love mine and am also extremely impressed with the 30 oz. tumbler, it held ice for over 30 hours.
    LBGE/St.Louis,MO
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    A yeti insulator for white wine would be awesome.
    I drink chilled white wine from the rambler by the pool all the time. Stays cold as long as I need it to but that generally is not very long. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 3Mdawg41
    3Mdawg41 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have one of those and it is awesome.  it will keep a beer cold for an hour.  Happy 4th!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    3Mdawg41 said:
    I have one of those and it is awesome.  it will keep a beer cold for an hour.  Happy 4th!!
    Dude! Your beer lasts an hour?