Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30TH ANNIVERSARY AT WORK!

Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
Today marks my 30th year with the same company.  I have now worked in about every part of or company except for our power division that builds power plants and our oil & gas division.  I started out as a draftsman, was trained in AutoCad and Harzwoper, did that for about 15 to 20 years, then worked in our water division and overseen large water transmission mains installed and now am working in our telecom division where I have overseen the update to 4G for Sprint in 3 different markets.  Lately I have been working on Outside Plant work.

I am not sure where the rest of my life is going to take me, but I have a lovely wife, great kid and a caring extended family.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment! 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    That's pretty rare these days, congrats.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    30 years, same place. That is a great testament my friend. You should celebrate! What are you going to cook?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Congrats!!!   
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Bravo!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    That's awesome!!!  Congrats.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Congrats!  That is amazing, and something you hardly see anymore.  That's both a testament to your work and the company valuing you!  As long as your happy and willing, keep it up.  Quite the accomplishment.  Cheers!

My current employer is my most tenured experience.  I've been here 13 years.  I plan on making it another 9 and getting out of here before my 50th birthday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ladeback69
    YukonRon said:
    30 years, same place. That is a great testament my friend. You should celebrate! What are you going to cook?
    Don't know yet.  I may just do a meatloaf or chicken.  We are also celebrating Father's Day this weekend for my father in law who was out of town this last weekend.  I told them I could do pork Roulade if they like.  I am waiting to hear back from them on that.  I did two for the super bowl that were good, but I know I can improve on them.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    @Ladeback69  congrats.  Not many can make the same claim.  That warrants taking a personal day for sure!
    Phoenix 
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Truly a significant day for both you and your company.  Thirty years at one employer is amazing in today's lackluster economic environment.  Congratulations are certainly in order.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    @Ladeback69 congratulations on your 30 years!  Sounds like a good place to work.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very nice. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Amazing these days, congrats!

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Congratulations. I just celebrated 35 years with my company on May 26th. Time to start thinking about retirement for sure.
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Congrats!!  I was able to make 43 before I retired.. If you like what your doing, hang in there. Retirement isn't for the weak.
  • Ladeback69
    Congratulations. I just celebrated 35 years with my company on May 26th. Time to start thinking about retirement for sure.
    Congrats on 35 years. 

Kansas City, Mo.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I will join you in that catagory in Feb 2016 (assuming I make it). That is quite an accomplishment in this day and time. Congrats! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ladeback69
    luckyboy said:
    Congrats!!  I was able to make 43 before I retired.. If you like what your doing, hang in there. Retirement isn't for the weak.
    I have not been real busy lately so I wondering if I would make it or not and the drive to and from work is getting old.  I'm used to being outside in the field not in an office.   I am just glad I have a job right now.  Sounds like it's going to get busier. 

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I too have been with the same company (in many different positions) for 32 years.   I still have 6 years to go until retirement.   I think after 30 years you should be able to leave with full benefits. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    Don't know yet.  I may just do a meatloaf or chicken.  We are also celebrating Father's Day this weekend for my father in law who was out of town this last weekend.  I told them I could do pork Roulade if they like.  I am waiting to hear back from them on that.  I did two for the super bowl that were good, but I know I can improve on them.
    Celebrate first my friend. Your company is extremely fortunate to have a dedicated person like you to lead the team! 
    Then share your Pork Roulade recipe with me.
    Seriously though, celebrate and enjoy!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Congrats on the long tenure - not much of that today! I spent 31 with the same company. like yourself working in many divisions. Enjoy yourself, you've earned it - Great accomplishment! :)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Ladeback69
    Thank you again everyone for the kind words.   This forum is like our extended family in some ways  and therapy in others.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Congrats!  30 years with a company is an amazing accomplishment. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Very cool!  Amazing that you've with the same company that long (very few and far between these days). I'm certain that over that span the business has had many both fiscal and technological changes. Congratulations are definitely in order. Cheers
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL