Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@SGH

Options
If we ever meet, according to my mom, I owe you a kiss.  I was up for a visit and she asked me what were those cubes of meat that I had vacuum sealed and brought her on my last visit?  I explained that they were pork butt burnt ends.  She stated she loves my pulled pork, but these were bites of bbq heaven.  She said they were so good she just had to take some to her preacher...LOL.  So she asked how did I learn how to make these and I told her you talking about making them on this forum.  So I tried them, really enjoyed them and thought her and my dad would like them.  She then said "well you owe them a kiss! I could not believe how good they were."  Oh when are you making me some more?    
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• steventconners20
    Options
    Can someone post the link to when SGH gave the recipe. I have heard about them but never seen how to make them. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed them my friend. To me, using pork just makes more sense. I never did like the idea of taking the very best part of a brisket and making it into burnt ends. Also the pork is a much cheaper alternative.  Again, I'm glad that y'all all enjoyed them brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• clintmiller
    clintmiller Posts: 147
    Options
    SGH's pork butt burnt end recipe is amazing! I won a cooking competition at work a month or two back using his recipe. Thanks for all you do to help people on here!
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Okay, SWMBO and I were contemplating what to cook this weekend. She wants to stay close to home because her sister is due to deliver their second child today (literally today is her due date). I think Burnt ends it will be. Thanks for reminding us of this recipe. And thanks @SGH for sharing originally.

Later dudes.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH's pork butt burnt end recipe is amazing! I won a cooking competition at work a month or two back using his recipe. Thanks for all you do to help people on here!
    Congratulations on the victory my friend. Also glad to hear that you like them. I shared that recipe as a cheaper alternative to brisket. Making brisket into burnt ends is a sin in my neck of the woods ;). And brother let me say that it is my pleasure to share or offer anything that I can that may help people. Thank all of you for allowing me to be a part of the forum. 

ksmyrl said:
    And thanks @SGH for sharing originally.
    As always, my pleasure brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    If we ever meet, according to my mom, I owe you a kiss.     
    Would you settle for a hand shake instead my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Okay, SWMBO and I were contemplating what to cook this weekend. She wants to stay close to home because her sister is due to deliver their second child today (literally today is her due date). I think Burnt ends it will be. Thanks for reminding us of this recipe. And thanks @SGH for sharing originally.

Later dudes.
    Sounds like you guys need to go to Scalini's and get the eggplant. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    ksmyrl said:

Later dudes.
    Sounds like you guys need to go to Scalini's and get the eggplant. 

It worked for my sister!
    NOLA
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    SGH said:
    If we ever meet, according to my mom, I owe you a kiss.     
    Would you settle for a hand shake instead my friend ;)

That is my plan!  LOL