Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feet added to Mini-Max

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    This was/is not my idea. Thank you to who came up with it a month or so ago. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    You guys are killing me!  I have had my MM for about 36 hours now and here I go adding/buying more stuff.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Looks good! Factory slip-on rubber feet just don't last very long if you move it around on a regular basis. Increased air gap on underneath side sure can't hurt anything either!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Looks good Mickey. :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Be careful when you bath it, if one of those little feet got stuck in the drain, it could drown....never leave a little one unattended in the tub! =)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @RickyBobby said "the factory slip-on feet just  don't last very long." He's right. They last about 5 minutes. I was just adjusting the egg in my truck to get it level due to the contour of the bed when I blew them little egg sneakers . Instead of picking up completely, I lifted slightly and turned/twisted the egg. Feet destroyed. I hate it when brand new stuff does something like that. It's like getting a ding in a new truck. Dings don't hurt so bad after a year, but when it's new is a whole different story. 

Thanks for posting @Mickey , saves me from searching for the OP. I remember reading about it, just didn't know who posted it. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    BGE MM. The ultimate in wallet weight reduction. Something else to do to the perfect mini cooking tool.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Agreed the OE slip on grommets are worthless unless it only sits on a table. The feet mod is well worth it if you transport it. And that's kinda the purpose of the MM to begin with imho. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL