Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Nice! I recognize a few of those:
    Two fat guys sauce is very good (I like the hot version). Usually cut it with a bit of apple cider vinegar.

Plowboys is an awesome rub, as is the Arthur Bryants.

Finally, that Blue Cheese Dijon mustard is REDICULOUS!

Congrats and enjoy. Great work here @nlovold
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Mantoothian
    Options
    I want to join the exchange!! Anyone looking for a partner??
    Denver, CO
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Where are you from?

@Dawgs8033  Interested?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @cazzy I signed up from Elster but something went funny right before the main exchange.  I didn't realize I accidentally declined until afterwards.  Bad luck that I was out of town and preoccupied.  If anyone wants to do a mini exchange I am game. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @cazzy thanks for putting this together again this year!!! Awesome job.   
         With that said all I really have to say is that @GregW brought it and brought it in a big way.  I've got enough BBQ sauce to last me for quite a while.  All products are from Alabama and Greg did an awesome job explaining each product, some history behind the item, and what it is good on.  This weekend is going to be pretty busy for the Egg.  Thanks again Greg and Cazzy awesome jobs!!!!!
    image.jpg 1000.3K
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • cazzy
    Options
    @cazzy I signed up from Elster but something went funny right before the main exchange.  I didn't realize I accidentally declined until afterwards.  Bad luck that I was out of town and preoccupied.  If anyone wants to do a mini exchange I am game. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    @cazzy thanks for putting this together again this year!!! Awesome job.   
         With that said all I really have to say is that @GregW brought it and brought it in a big way.  I've got enough BBQ sauce to last me for quite a while.  All products are from Alabama and Greg did an awesome job explaining each product, some history behind the item, and what it is good on.  This weekend is going to be pretty busy for the Egg.  Thanks again Greg and Cazzy awesome jobs!!!!!
    Thanks Jcaspary, I really hope you enjoy using the sauce as much as I did sending it.
    I did forget to mention that the first Golden Rule BBQ opened in 1891. 
    I also forgot to tell you about the Golden Eagle Syrup. It is a true southern classic. It can be used to make BBQ sauce, or my favorite use is to do what we southerners call "Sopping a biscuit".
    The proper way to use the Golden Eagle is to put maybe 3-4 tablespoons syrup on your plate and take 1 tablespoon of cold butter. Cut the cold butter into the syrup with a fork. Continue mixing until the mixture is completely homogeneous and golden yellow in color. Now the good part, 'Sop" your biscuit in it and enjoy! it simply can't be beat. (Don't be tempted to use warm or melted butter, it's not the same)

I see everything arrived safely. I took extreme measures to see that it did. I had read of horror stories of bottles breaking in transit.

Also a big thanks to Cazzy for organizing this fun event and also allowing me to participate. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Mine's going in the mail to tomorrow. With the border and all, I expect someone to be disappointed in about a month :)
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    Nice! I recognize a few of those:
    Two fat guys sauce is very good (I like the hot version). Usually cut it with a bit of apple cider vinegar.

Plowboys is an awesome rub, as is the Arthur Bryants.

Finally, that Blue Cheese Dijon mustard is REDICULOUS!

Congrats and enjoy. Great work here @nlovold
    Thanks @Black_Badger !  I did what I could....not a ton of BBQ choices here in Indy that is outside of the mainstream.  I was very impressed by your videos!!
  • cazzy
    Options
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I joined I'm in! @cazzy
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    We just got back to NC, and this was waiting for me, courtesy of @NPHuskerFL
    All I can say is Wow!  I always knew Blake had a big package!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Nice package Blake!
  • cazzy
    Options
    Damn fine job Blake...you done brought it!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I don't know if I'm comfortable with everybody ogling Blake's package....
    Perhaps on a different forum...
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    @SGH @blukat that bottle of Scott's Sauce is one of my very favorites! =) 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    @SGH @blukat that bottle of Scott's Sauce is one of my very favorites! =) 
    It sure smells good. I opened it up and gave it a sniff. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    John @JohnInCarolina LoL. I'm happy you like it brotha. Even happier knowing you actually got it & it wasn't pilfered from your doorstep :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well, this was on the porch this afternoon. 

It was for my wife. :tongue: 

I'm like a kid. Every time a new post shows, I hope it's my draw receiving. Even though it just shipped Tuesday...

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    @SGH I'm glad everything arrived in one piece.  Enjoy everything, are you going to make some pulled pork this weekend to go with the East Carolina sauces.
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    edited June 2015
    Options
     I received my awesome package from @Tspud1 today. It was a tightly packed plethora of rubs and sauces, many I had never heard of and a few I have wanted to try. Looking forward to trying them all, the Red Cactus and Lickins sauces from your friend’s business look awesome. I have wanted to try blues hog and Oakridge for a while, so thank you for those. I have not heard of a lot of these and there a few that are very unique, tell me more about the Jack Miller’s sauce. The red bridges sauce is a taste of home in NC, excellent score. And that John henry Pecan rub looks killer. Thanks so much for the awesome package @Tspud1!

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    That secret weapon rocks. I'm out, need to reorder. 
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing WOW, great job on the variety of items you sent, very appreciative.  I look forward to trying everything.  Not sure where to start first, the glazes, feather -n-fowl rub or the injector!  Very curious about the "Biper-Ona Espelette" that you picked up in Paris and the Black Lava Sea salt.  Thanks again!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Well folks. Another box arrived from @Acn. This guy killed it!! Smoking chips-- sugar maple!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mantoothian
    Options
    @cazzy I'm in Denver, but originally from back East (NY and DC). Where are you?
    Denver, CO
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blukat said:
    @SGH I'm glad everything arrived in one piece.  Enjoy everything, are you going to make some pulled pork this weekend to go with the East Carolina sauces.
    I'm sure going to give it a try brother. And thank you again. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @cazzy I'm in Denver, but originally from back East (NY and DC). Where are you?