Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loaded up 3 out of 4 Eggs...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

I took yesterday off as it was the last day my mother, cousin and cousin's daughter were visiting with us and mom asked for an Egged meal...loaded up one Large with 38 chicken wing pieces...used four different DP rubs after brining...went on indirect dome temp about 200, then over the next couple hours slowly raised temp to about 320...came out perfect...just about ready to take off...

Mom also wanted "Crash Hot Potatos"...so the other Large had two pans going...

Then on the Small was a dish of baked beans...foil around the pyrex dish to make it easier to clean...

My plate with the first couple wings...

Everyone was satisfied (even if we weren't able to use the Mini).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great to me. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it!! Nicely done
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Looks great, how do you make those potatoes?
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • grillman65
    grillman65 Posts: 81
    Options
    Looks great, busy,busy,busy
    LBGE, Tobaccoville,NC
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning XC242:

Crash Hots are a "Pioneer Woman" recipe...basically cook the red potatoes (boil or in microwave, I microwave) until soft...then put them on a pan on some olive oil, smash them (use a potato smasher is what I do)...put some more olive oil on top, add salt/pepper...then indirect at 350 to 400 until crisp (usually about 30 to 40 minutes)...these could have gone a few minutes longer, but everything else was done...you can also add some shredded cheese the last few minutes (I forgot the cheese yesterday).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL