Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pages Not Serving

Options
2»

Comments

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Seeing the same thing here - did some digging on Vanilla and it looks like the admin/owners need to install a debug script and that will show them the error - most likely it's an upgrade issue with a self hosted platform that hasn't been addressed yet.
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Sounds reasonable. The forums may be running on autopilot.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    Same problem.  Has anyone found a solution?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Bump just because it's Friday night.  Same problem still exists.  And I'm sure it's way too difficult to sort out.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    GregW said:
    It would be helpful to know if the problems we are all experiencing are being noted by the correct party.

Agree. The issue happens far less frequent to me than say a week ago, but still happens at least once in every eight or ten times I try to follow a thread. BTW the threads it happens with are random and never the same ones so something is still going one. Let's hope the mods still are reporting our comments to Vanilla, or better yet to BGE corporate to get attention.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GregW
    Options
    I don't think it's that difficult to resolve. It would appear the the forums are on autopilot.
    A simple acknowledgment by a moderator that the problem exists and is being worked on is all I'm asking for, 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Still getting white, have to click F5 to get a screen

1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The Sunday bump-given it's been two weeks (at least) since this issue was noted on the forum, the language and posts obviously didn't cross the sensitivity lines.  No action taken to date.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Annoying white page of death still occurring for me too.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    On mobile here on HTC One M8 Android using updated version of Chrome. For a few weeks now I have to hit refresh to get past a blank white screen. I've also tried FireFox and HTC proprietary internet with the same result. It would seem to point the problem source at the forum server/vanilla. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GregW
    Options
    I may be wrong in doing so, but I'm going to call the factory store in Atlanta tomorrow (Work permitting). Maybe that can provide the info on who we need to contact. They could just tell us all to man up and deal with it.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Another bump as I am frustrated with dealing with this issue.  However, to the credit of the moderators (if they even exist-unless you flame-throw them)  I am still here and they don't have to fix the issue.  Venting on a Sunday PM.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    I looked through five pages of threads just now, no white screens! I came back to post of my success, and got the white screen!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I might be wrong, but I think this is now happening more frequently than before. 
  • GregW
    Options
    Here is the latest info:

My email to them:

I'm not sure, but if eggheadforum.com is an officially sanctioned forum.
    I would like to report to you that it is malfunctioning.
    Starting about 3 weeks ago the forums started serving blank pages when you click on links.
    It's occurring fairly frequently and it's driving the forum members crazy.

If this is not and official Big Green Egg forum will you at least reply to me so I can report back to the members.
    If it is and official forum will you please report the issue to the appropriate person to get it fixed? The forums seem to be on zombie auto pilot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please reply back to me.

Their response:
    Hello,

Yes, this the official Big Green Egg forum.  I will forward your e-mail along to the person that manages the forum.  Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issue.  
  • onward_2_victory
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing.  Been on the site for about 2 weeks and I've noticed it since day 1.
    Todd - Smoking on my LBGE in Elkridge, MD

GO IRISH!  Onward to Victory!
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    +38
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2015
    Options
    +39

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    +40

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    +41
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Options
    I just joined, this page problem is not a good welcome.  :s
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    +22

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• GregW
    Options
    Is it truly over? 
    My blank page problems seem to be over.
    How is it for everyone else?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Just really noticed when this thread bumped, but yeah, seems back to normal.
  • GregW
    Options
    Sometimes taking the egg by the horns so to speak can get results.
    Kudos's to BGE for investigating the email report.
  • GregW
    Options
    I have sent BGE a thank you email for resolving the issue.
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This is awful. Now I can't sign in from my PC at all. Each time I type my information into the sign in box to sign on, error messages show up, or my information disappears from the box, with a message telling me I need to type the information again. Totally ridiculous.
    pages are not loading, most images do not show on my mobile either. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    1/2 the time, I click and get a white screen.  Click back, reload and like magic something appears.  IOS, Windows, doesn't matter.  Annoying, first world problem.  Waaah, my website doesn't load on the first click . . . waaaah!!!!  

For what I pay for this entertainment, it ought to work right!  

(Ummm . . . I pay nothing.  Nevermind.)

Sure would be nice if the Interweb and Vanilla Gods patched this up.  Pretty please?

Trust me, you have paid for it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky